Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 54 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

correction 10K is May 11, 4 M may 12

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack Klompus, welcome aboard! Havea great easy run tonight.

Ouch, scottydawg!

tinman11, feel well soon.

Rondog65, sweet 6.67 today.

AprilRunner, enjoy the meetup with your run club.

I'm on my way to the meetup of the two run clubs. I'm looking forward to meeting new people. I just wish that it were happening for a more pleasant reason.

Jess runs for bacon

I'm not doing a May race in NYC because I want to focus on my May 19th 10K in DC, but I know there is a NYRR 4M in Central Park on May 11th... there's a NYRR 10K I think but I forget the date but it's the Healthy Kidney one... NYC Runs has one on Memorial Day on Roosevelt Island that has a 5K and 10K option

That Roosevelt Island one looks intriguing...

Docket_Rocket

Have you decided which one to shoot for a PR?

correction 10K is May 11, 4 M may 12

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh the Brooklyn half on May 18th that had originally sold out in like 4 hours reopened registration. Roosevelt Island is a cool place to run. I did the NYC Runs Hot Chocolate 10K there in December. It is a flat course  with nice views. There is a CHANCE I may do that race as a fun run but my Memorial Day plans are up in the  air and I am racing a 10K the weekend before so probably won't Sad

That Roosevelt Island one looks intriguing...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Jess runs for bacon

Oh the Brooklyn half on May 18th that had originally sold out in like 4 hours reopened registration. Roosevelt Island is a cool place to run. I did the NYC Runs Hot Chocolate 10K there in December. It is a flat course  with nice views. There is a CHANCE I may do that race as a fun run but my Memorial Day plans are up in the  air and I am racing a 10K the weekend before so probably won't Sad

Do eeet. I need an excuse to go to NY.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Group run sammich done. I made a new friend. She's running the same HM I'm doing next Sunday and she said her goal was 2:05. I said well, coincidentally enough someone's pacing me to 2:05 or so... So I think she might join us.

Docket_Rocket

Go for it!

So, Kristin, April, and lilac jive, are you ladies all close to each other?  From prior posts, sound like it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Checking in late, late, late today.  8.5 windy and hilly miles in the books for me.

Life is good.

Jess runs for bacon

Go for it!

So, Kristin, April, and lilac jive, are you ladies all close to each other?  From prior posts, sound like it?

April and I basically live in the same town. We're about an hour or so from NYC, and my fam has an apartment up there so I make several trips a year there. Haven't done a race there yet though.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Go for it!

Jess is in my running group so we see each other a lot of Saturdays. Breakfast is fun. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

If I'm in NY that weekend I will (might be away)!!

Do eeet. I need an excuse to go to NY.

alexis_run_nky

Hi all!

I didn't run today but I did just finish registering for the Air Force Half Marathon in September!  I am super excited!

I did a leg workout today and did so many squats I probably won't be walking tomorrow :/

AprilRunner, fun group runSmile

outoftheblue, great job weathering 8.5 with wind and hills

kristin10185, doitdoitdoit.

5.07 miles in 46:45.08. 9:13 pace. I wore my Altra Intuition 1.5s with the foot-strengthening beds. They felt better than I remembered. Perhaps I'll start wearing them for long runs.

I'm looking forward to registration for the BAA 10K opening on May 1. I've already set an alert on my phone, so I can register first thing at midnight thenSmile

Jess runs for bacon

Jess is in my running group so we see each other a lot of Saturdays. Breakfast is fun. Smile

I've missed you recently. Did you see the big run tomorrow at sand island?