Beginners and Beyond

Fly Away Fridailies (Read 44 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Whatcha got today boys and girls?

Off to run then flights home

Marjorie

LRB

Supp!

I am debating between 6 and 7 miles.  My mind would like to do like to do 7, but 6 will get me into the shower sooner.

Need coffee...

StepbyStep-SH

Morning. I had 6 on the schedule, but legs felt beat up. So when nature called just after 2 miles, I decided to cut it short. I'll need all the energy I can muster anyway, because friends and I are taking our kids (3 moms, 6 kids total, all 8 and under, a couple with the energy of an atomic bomb) on a road trip 2 hours away to do a cave tour.

Have a great day, all!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hey runners.  I'm having a terrible day.  I got an e-mail last night informing me that I have been ousted as the mayor of the local grocery store on Foursquare.  *sigh*  Why would a stranger do that to me?  Why is the world so cruel?

But I suppose life goes on.  I've got 6-7 easy miles on the schedule after work today in my NEW SHOES.  Meet the new shoes, same as the old shoes!  I've run all easy miles this week and my legs are starting to feel a little restless.

Pretty good day at the wife's company outing yesterday.  People laugh at me because I eat so much.  Hey, a man's gotta eat.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 miles. I almost fell. It was Avery (not) so graceful recovery. But I didn't fall. And, it was so dark no one saw me anyways.

Heya LRB, Mayor McBoon and step.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

So here's how I'm starting my day.  Jealous?  lol

The plan is to get a run in, which will make three for this week!

NRR but I'm excited about tomorrow.  Smile   One of my friends adopted my greyhound Buster's littermate, and so tomorrow is play date time.

Here's Buster:

And here's his littermate brother.  Don't they look alike!  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  8 miles tonight.

Good that I went to Starbucks because a lady there told me my top is inside out.  Bahaha.  Apparently I need coffee and I dress in the dark.  it looks the same on both sides, in my defense.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oski, cute doggies!

Marjorie, fly safely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went for a run/walk after work yesterday.  Weatherman predicted 96 degrees with 'feel like' temp of 98.  Not too bad.   Got out there, started doing my thing...it sure felt a bit hotter to me than 96.  I was right.  Got about 2 miles in and the radio station I was listening to reported the current temp as 98 with a 'feels like' temp of 103.  Gaaack!  I decided just to head back to the Y as I was feeling a bit sluggish out there., especially as it's been about 2 months since I ran 3 straight days in a row.  Ended up with 2.8 miles done at an easy pace.  After I got back to the Y, I did a plank...and got up to a WHOLE minute.  Progress, lol.

Rest day today.   Lunch at our university athletics complex, our football team is having an Open House and Meet-and-Greet the players, etc., free food and drink.  I love football and am a season ticket holder for our team, the University of Texas San Antonio RoadRunners, which is only in its 3rd year.  We moved to a new conference this year and our first home game is with Oklahoma State...Shocked.   Welcome to Big Boy Football, Roadrunners!  I think we are gonna get our butts kicked a lot this year, but it will definitely be a learning experience for the team.  Our coach is Larry Coker, who used to coach the Miami Hurricanes.

Today is August 23. Fly Away Fridailies is appropriate because today is "Ride The Wind Day" - in other words, take it easy today, kick back, enjoy yourself .  It's also National Sponge Cake Day.

wind tunnel cartoons, wind tunnel cartoon, wind tunnel picture, wind tunnel pictures, wind tunnel image, wind tunnel images, wind tunnel illustration, wind tunnel illustrations

wind tunnel cartoons, wind tunnel cartoon, wind tunnel picture, wind tunnel pictures, wind tunnel image, wind tunnel images, wind tunnel illustration, wind tunnel illustrations

skydiver cartoons, skydiver cartoon, skydiver picture, skydiver pictures, skydiver image, skydiver images, skydiver illustration, skydiver illustrations

parasailing cartoons, parasailing cartoon, parasailing picture, parasailing pictures, parasailing image, parasailing images, parasailing illustration, parasailing illustrations

sponge cake cartoons, sponge cake cartoon, sponge cake picture, sponge cake pictures, sponge cake image, sponge cake images, sponge cake illustration, sponge cake illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Morning. I had 6 on the schedule, but legs felt beat up.

They sure as hell look great in your avi!  : : whistles : :

O, I had a dog named Busta,coolest dog ever.

D, that is freaking hilarious!  Could you imagine making it all the way to court like that somehow, OOF!

What up doe everyone else!

I ended up running 6.25 miles, the first mile or two of which was really, really stiff.  No doubt the result of doing 10 aggressive strides within 7.5 miles yesterday.

As it is, I did not really push it and after loosening up, it turned out to be a really good run.

Hip Redux

We call him Busta-roni.   :P

Docket_Rocket

Nobody would have noticed since I wear a suit, but I didn't wear the jacket at Starbucks.  I could have easily gone the whole day without noticing.

They sure as hell look great in your avi!  : : whistles : :

D, that is freaking hilarious!  Could you imagine making it all the way to court like that somehow, OOF!

What up doe everyone else!

I ended up running 6.25 miles, the first mile or two of which was really, really stiff.  No doubt the result of doing 10 aggressive strides within 7.5 miles yesterday.

As it is, I did not really push it and after loosening up, it turned out to be a really good run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning dailies! LRB, I was thinking of you when I woke up, I knew I had to do my three or you would be disappointed. So got up, chose the treadmill for some odd reason, and went for it. I only made it a mile and a quarter Sad Legs felt like lead. My rule is to always stick it out for a mile, which I did, but it became clear it wasn't going to get any better.

I thioh it was because I had a protein shake for dinner last night. Thoughts?

Oski, love the greys!

Will run for scenery.

G'mornin Peoples!

Checked out a new (to me) running group last night.  Nice 3.5 mile trail run followed by free beer.  Sweet!  They even have a cool tech shirt after 10 runs.

Öski : Cool pic.  I love greyhounds.

Baboo : Confused, but sorry....

Step : Enjoy your atomic underground adventure !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!