Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are busy, busy! (Read 41 times)

LRB

Good morning!

What's up with you today?

From the Internet.

Morning!

Plans for today: take my kittycat back to the vet, work for a few hours, run a bunch of miles during a 2 hour incubation period, come home and twiddle my thumbs until they tell me I can pick her up.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Too busy to post. Have to concentrate on drinking coffee.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

(((Lauren))), I hope they can help your kitty feel better and I hope your run gives you the emotional peace that you need.

I am finally home and I've decided that 10 days without running was long enough. It was.. shall I say, interesting? I think I've gained 10 lbs. Oh well... don't care... So I will be base building for my new training cycle and that base building will last a big 4 days.  Tonight will be 10 miles. That's if I haven't forgotten how to run, of course... I also have about 20 minutes of core work. Core work, ugh... do I really have to? Ok, ok.. I get it.. It's necessary for me at this point, I guess. It makes me feel so defective, though. grrr...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Rest day from running, but I have a gazillion errands, so I'll be doing that kind of running.

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. What do *you* have planned?

Lauren, I hope that everything goes as smoothly and calmly as is possible.

wcrunner2, is the coffee good?

Lily, enjoy your first post-break run.

I did an hour on the AMT. I'll do weights after work.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hopefully a run after work. Started off my day with someone asking stupid questions. Had to refrain from sending a snarky response.

Lauren, good news about your kitty!

Have a great day.

StepbyStep-SH

Going for a nice bike ride after I drop DS off at school. I need the stress relief after the struggle that is trying to get a child with high levels of anxiety out the door for his last day of school. This should be the day he gets ready fast, with a smile and no problems, right? Except he doesn't understand how much the prospect of CHANGE effects him. He absolutely cannot focus and do even the most routine of tasks. And I'm about to scream. We did spend about 5 minutes just snuggling, which I think helped him some.

It is so hard to see this dual existence: In his conscious mind he is so happy about the last day of school; but his subconscious is taking over and tying him in knots.

Taking deep breaths and hoping he holds it together on a totally unstructured last day of school to make it a good one.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 5.3 miles this morning then I hit the gym for shoulders and delts, about an hour. So far a great week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and maybe a run with hubby tonight.  I am coughing since I woke up and I just found out why.  Smoke again.  Grrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lauren, hope the kitteh is doing better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

That's if I haven't forgotten how to run, of course.

Isn't it funny how after a couple of RDs, it seems hard to imagine even know how to run anymore?  Then you take the first few glorious steps. Smile

I'll probably run 6 with the group tonight.

Hip Redux

Just popping in to say that I'm starting to wig out about my other hip.  I'm pretty sure something isn't right - I got that same groin pain a few times in the last week.    I'm just not sure if I want to seek out medical advice at this point (the diagnosis is an MRI with contrast injected into the hip, so more invasive than "just" a scan) or wait until it's bad enough that I would consider doing something about it.   Right now it's in the
                            annoying category.

Zelanie

Just popping in to say that I'm starting to wig out about my other hip. 

Ugh!  Hopefully it's just that you're hyper-aware of these types of things?

From the Internet.

Roller coaster ride isn't over yet. Looks like I may have celebrated prematurely. My little snoops' condition, chylothorax, is sort of weird and mysterious and if her lungs are already too damaged, all I can hope to do is manage her symptoms for as long as possible. Still going to try to fight this, but unless we can figure out the underlying cause AND the damage is minimal already, she might still die too young :/ Calling around to specialty vets while she's at her cat doctor getting the fluid drained. Not giving up hope yet but remaining very cautious (and pretty sad).