Beginners and Beyond

Day Pass ThursDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Hi.

It's not often that I need to be convinced to run outside, but that is where I've found myself this week what with all the crap that has fallien from the sky. That being the case winter conditions are rarely (if ever!) ideal, so sometimes you just do what you gotta do.

You?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 miles in very warm drizzle.  It was 59F, and I was thankful for the wind.

The mileage number is going up, and the scale number is going down.  Fuck yeah!

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

HEY-OOHHHH!  All the snow we've gotten so far this winter has been washed away by rain the last two days.  I'm looking forward to my weekend runs.

Masters swim before work.  2400 yards.  Spin session tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4-5 miles tonight.

I'm not working from home because we fly out tomorrow and my boss (and my boss alone) has this rule that you can't do that.  Whatev.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Good Thursday peeps!

This weather is weird.

3 done on the mill.  Later this morning I will be doing a swim (it wouldn't be enough to warm up Baboon). I'm struggling to do an efficient stroke, which means I need to slow down and think rather than shoot for yardage.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi.

It's not often that I need to be convinced to run outside, but that is where I've found myself this week what with all the crap that has fallien from the sky. That being the case winter conditions are rarely (if ever!) ideal, so sometimes you just do what you gotta do.

You?

Well, yesterday here in San Antonio it went up to 80 degrees.  Tuesday, it was up to 75 degrees.  This is winter for us - with the occasional 50 degree drop in temp for a couple of days, like it was last weekend, with temps in the 20s.  This is probably why, in our crazy weather area, lots of people are walking around with the coughs and sniffles, as the bodies aren't adjusting with all this back-and-forth weather change stuff going on.

Ran 4 miles on Tuesday around the UTSA campus and last night did 3.1 miles in a local park, followed by a really nice birthday bash for one of our local runners....good food, beer, etc., all enjoyed by lots of sweaty people.  Good thing the weather was warm so all us stinky folks could sit in the outside patio area.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Up early for a workout, 8ish miles with 5x5 minute tempo-ish intervals, 2:30 float recoveries. Started off a little sluggish but ended feeling really good. Will definitely run this type of workout again, nice variation on the standard steady-state tempo.

Cyberic

I'll run twice again today. On the menu:

Tempoish intervals at lunch, and easy running tonight during DD's soccer practice. Since I don't have a foot pod, I still haven't decided if I'll run my intervals outside in the cold rain, by GPS, or inside by accelerometer. Both choices get a little nerve in my neck twitching. For easy running the choice would be outside, but for intervals...

6 miles at 24 degrees.

Dave

Cyberic

Right now, even though I will be racing this Spring, I have decided not to follow a plan. I'll run intervals on most Tuesdays and Thursdays, and will try to keep a good weekly mileage by commuting, running during soccer practices, and simply running every (or almost every) day. I don't feel like commiting to a plan right now, so I'll just run and try to have as much fun as I can doing it. Maybe in the end it won't make much difference (from following a plan, homemade or from a book). Or it will. Nonetheless, it is what I feel like doing right now.

LRB

I ran 7 and reluctantly concluded that it's time to infuse my shoe rotation with some fresh meat.

My 3 pairs of daily trainers have mileage of 531, 518, and 515 (pretty even, huh?), and they all feel flat compared to a pair I have at 250. My problem is that I don't particularly like the current iteration (or the previous one ffs), and was hoping a new and exciting model would appear soon, but I guess not. Heavy sigh.

LRB

Right now, even though I will be racing this Spring, I have decided not to follow a plan. 

What matters most is putting in the work, not someone or something telling you to put in the work.

Docket_Rocket

I am bringing the heat to Houston, so if anyone wants me to run a marathon where you live, let me know.  I can assure you 70s weather, at least.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I am bringing the heat to Houston, so if anyone wants me to run a marathon where you live, let me know.  I can assure you 70s weather, at least.

If you ran Anchorage the town would melt. lol

onemile

What was the temp for Monumental again?