Beginners and Beyond

Penguins ThursDAILY (ThriDAILY) (Read 34 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning  !!!  Short run after work, then its a quiet weekend, I hope.

Hope Daisy is okay, DR.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi Penguins!!! Sorry about Daisy Damaris ((hugs))

8:30pm yoga class after work.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  7 miles tonight.

Jerry, Daisy died last night.  She will be missed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry Damaris.

Bin Running

Sorry to hear that abt Daisay, Damaris.

10.5mlr done. Feeling a little sore on the thigh.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Damaris, sorry about Daisy.

Hi Jerry.

My wife made to the hospital to see her dad. It looks like they will do his surgery real soon. I'll be heading over on Friday.

I did 5 last night and looking for 5 again tonight.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

D: Sad

Massage day for me and SRD. Look what we woke up to less than a mile from us. It's right up the hillside from our house.

Zelanie

No Thriday here.  We are mostly finished with the testing that I am in charge of, though, so hopefully my work will start settling down a bit now.

Yesterday's tempo run went OK.  I am still running about 10 seconds slow, but other than that, it was fine.  Tonight is the social run, so 6ish.

Damaris- So sorry for your loss.

Jerry- Have a good run!

kristin- You're getting in such a variety of different exercise!  Bravo!

Bin- Hope the soreness clears up.

Mitch- Glad your wife made it to the hospital and that they are going to be able to do surgery.

Jack- Scary!  And it's not even fire season!

From the Internet.

Hi pens. Upper body weights only today, my leg is misbehaving - see the disabled list thread for a description because I don't feel like typing it all out again :P Hoping it's nothing since I have two brand-new pairs of shoes staring me in the face that I really want to test out. Adidas Tempo 6, outrageously bright and I feel like I'll love them just from walking around the house a bit, Saucony Mirage 3 feel.. different. Very stiff and a lower heel-toe drop than I'm used to in a running shoe (4mm vs 9-12). I don't know if it's bad-different yet, I'll have to try a few short runs before I decide.

Damaris - I'm so sorry about Daisy Sad Hugs to you.

I ran an easy 3 miles this morning.  In 2" of fresh snow, and more falling.  Hopefully won't accumulate much, as I don't want a deep trail again.

Lauren, I found that when I go to a lower heel drop my calves hurt from running.  I'm sure the legs adjust, but just saying that is possible in the meantime with the transition.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, all!!  Quick fly-by as I have someone coming to run samples who should actually already be here now.  Chorus rehearsal tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

((((((( Docket ))))))))  sorry about your Daisy.  How very sad.

Mitch-- glad you're going to see your FIL.  Hopefully surgery will help.

Bin-- great job on the 10.5 mile run!

I'm getting ready for a short recovery run today.  Enjoy your Thriday for those who are that lucky!

EDIT:  4 miles done!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I'm sorry about Daisy.  I know how that hurts. Hope your run goes well tonight.

Jerry - enjoy your run and quiet weekend.

Kristin - enjoy your evening yoga.

Bin - that's a nice run.  Do you need to roll your thigh?

Mitch - do you have to travel to see your FIL?  Enjoy your evening run.

Jack - as dry as it's been in California, you're looking at a long fire season.  Enjoy the massage.

Z - good job on the tempo run.  Have fun at tonight's social run.  I wish I were faster so I could do some of the social runs, but I am much too self conscious of my penguin status.

Lauren - I'm sorry your leg is misbehaving.  It's been good for so long!  As to your shoes, it's odd that the minimalist shoes would be stiff.  Seems like a real contradiction.

OFS - I like walking in falling snow.  I haven't tried running in it.  Are they forecasting much accumulation?

HM - enjoy your evening rehearsal.

Cherie - good job on the recovery run.

AFM:  It's not a running day.  I'm still trying to stick to every other day, though that means some weeks are shorter than I'd like.  But I've been pushing the miles a bit for someone starting over.  It's sunny and 33, beautiful, so we're taking Ben out to hike a short trail in the woods. 

Ginny, I don't think much snow forecast.  Just that I live in hills, so I get more snow than is forecast.

News weatherman "It is currently 34 and no snow today!"

(Looks out window) Thermometer says 29 and it is snowing.

On the plus side, come Summer:

News weatherman "It is currently 95 and humid!"

(Looks out window) Thermometer says 89