Beginners and Beyond

Penguins ThursDAILY (ThriDAILY) (Read 34 times)

PADRunner

Hi Pens.

D: Sad

Massage day for me and SRD. Look what we woke up to less than a mile from us. It's right up the hillside from our house.

You doing ok Jack? Looks like the fire is getting pretty big.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry for your loss of Daisy, Damaris.

Happy Yoga-ing, Kristin!  Nude yoga would be interesting.  They could call it "Yoga Bare". 

Congrats on the 10.5, Bin, sorry about the sore thigh though.

Wishing your FIL all the best, Mitch.  Gotta be tough on your wife.  Hope your miles will help you.

Dang, Jack!  Stay safe!

Enoy the social run, Zelanie!

Sorry about the sore leg, Lauren.  Hope both pairs of new shoes work out for you!

Congrats on your 3, OFS.  Hope you get your wish and you don't get any more snow.  If you don't get your wish..hop a plane to sunny San Antonio. 

Happy chorus-ing, HsM!

Way to get the 4 miles done, ShCan. How's your weather there now?

Enjoy the hike, Ginny.   33 degrees is beautiful?

AFM:  Went to Fort Sam Houston after work yesterday and did my "Dog Alley" run.  Zowie, that first mile I could feel my weight training from Tuesday - which I had not done to that point for about a month - and my legs were a tad sore and my old man boobs - Moobs - were "bouncing' so sorely I thought I'd have to call Gail to bring me one of her jogbras..   By the second mile I was feeling much better, guess that first mile was getting the kinks out after my weight training day.  I had planned on an easy 3 but felt so good, I ended up with 4.4 miles instead.  And I handed out treats along the way to several of my doggie pals.  Nice run/walk and the weather cooperated too...sunny,  69 degrees, very low humidity and dewpoint.   Sweet!

I was going to run today too, but had to leave work early cuz apparently one of our bathrooms has a leak.  Nothing serious, thank goodness, and nothing flooded, so that's good. So now I'm at home waiting for the plumber to show.  So maybe I'll run after that...or maybe not, maybe just give my legs a rest day.  It's all good either way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It turns out that when I took that first picture the fire had just been reported. 45 minutes later it looked like this.

We are safe now but the cars were packed in case we had to evacuate. It was so close we could feel the heat and hear the trees explode.

Singer who runs a smidge

EEK!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  We used to have those back home in PR until they built behind our house.  They were scary.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Holy cow jack.  Looks serious!   Wowsers.  Stay safe!

Hugs D.  

Ginny, glad to see you building up the miles again.

Hello to everyones else!

My shins have been acting up again so Im trying my huge custom orthotics once again (with my hokas).  Ugh.  Stupid legs.

Did 3.5m on TM then arms n legs at the gym and 1 min plank

Kids are napping gotta go shower P-U

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Way to get the 4 miles done, ShCan. How's your weather there now?

Gorgeous.  It's upper 60s & sunny.  Highs in the upper 60s and lower 70s for the next 10 days.  Did I mention I love living here?

I bet those dogs are so happy when you go running there.  I have a dog along my route that I like to bring treats to when I think of it.  Its such a fun diversion.  Good luck with the toilet leak!

Jack-- omgosh that picture is scary!  I'm surprised they haven't evacuated y'all yet.  Please, please please stay safe, and I hope your home is going to be alright.  If you have pets, go set up the pet pens now-- lesson learned  from when we were evacuated.

Traci- I'm sorry your shins are acting up again.  Still yet, great job on the treadmill and on the planks.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm just popping in for a second.

I'm sure you guys have heard about the grocery store shootings.  That is MY grocery store, as in the one where I do all of my shopping.  It's in a really nice area.  So, it was a shock to everyone.  I was in Detroit when it happened, but my wife was here at the house just blocks away.  For that reason, I came home early.  I'm sure she's as freaked out as I was and probably more.  Since I couldn't be here, I was playing amateur detective online.  I really hope that the police are questioning the friends of this guy.  Everybody in the media has been talking about his facebook page, but his FRIEND'S facebook pages are what I'm concerned with.  The shooter is dead, but his friends need to be questioned in my opinion.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Awood.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2.3 miles today.  The sleet was kind of hard on my eyes and DW's glasses, so we cut it short.  Small problem compared to  LA.  Be safe, Jack.

tracilynn

Awood that sucks :-(

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I did 4 miles, so I switched days.  I really did not want to run but the run helped.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jack, stay safe..

Awood, sorry to know that... AND you should hug the cashier..

Ginny, I tried rolling the thigh but it's kind of difficult..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh awood that's so scary!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Amazonian Princess

Damaris, I'm sorry for your loss.

Jack, please stay safe.

Awood, I hadn't heard of a grocery store shooting but I'll Google it.

Have a good night, Penguins.

I can. I will. I am.