Beginners and Beyond

RainyFriDailies (Read 22 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

2.6 in the books. might run a little tomorrow but not sure. more rain here but fortunately not a downpour/flooding situation. looks like it will clear out by tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning looks to be really nice...45-50 degrees, light wind.

Happy Friday!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

No rain here - just cool and dry.  My easy 5 miler got a little faster than intended, probably because I was enjoying the relief from the recent humidity.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

HEY-OH, FRIDAY PARTY PEOPLE!!!  I ran 22 laps on the track before the sun came up and my legs are starting to feel normal again.  6.3 miles at 7:37 avg.

I experienced the minor inconvenience of being unable to get blood drawn as I had planned this morning ahead of a physical in 10 days.  I went to the first lab I normally go to and they were closed due to renovations (their website makes no mention of this), the other lab I would have gone to is closed today due to lack of employee coverage, and the third lab I actually went to had a 30 minute wait, which I didn't have time for since I had to get to work.  So, I will try this again Monday.

Speaking of labs, our company just announced the covid vax is now mandatory or you will no longer be working here.  HUZZUH!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have a massage therapy session and 5 later. I hope between the PT and MT they can fix my butt/hip pain which is still around (although not as often as before).

wolvmar, have a great race! Hoping the forecast is as nice as ours is!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Good morning. My dog woke me at 1am to go pee, and that had me up for awhile afterwards, so I skipped my 5am alarm. It'll either be a RD or walk/run intervals later.

Sunday morning looks to be really nice...45-50 degrees, light wind.

Dave

Good morning. My dog woke me at 1am 3am to go pee, and that had me up for awhile afterwards, so I skipped my 5am alarm I have been up since then. 

This for me. A little drizzly, 5.5 miles with 8x80m-ish strides.

Dave

Speaking of labs, our company just announced the covid vax is now mandatory or you will no longer be working here.  HUZZUH!

Nice! I don’t see that happening for my company, since we have 2 plants in Texas. 

Dave

delicate flower

wolvmar, have a great race! Hoping the forecast is as nice as ours is!

+1!  Dave too.  It's nice seeing so much racing happening up here in the B&B!

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Got on the trainer for 10 boring miles, then ran 5K on the AlterG. Calves are a bit tight still, but otherwise everything feels fine. So I registered for a HM on 10/24. As you do. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

It's nice seeing so much racing happening up here in the B&B!

+1. 
                        I’m kind of excited for myself. I have no idea what kind of shape I’m in for my half, but I plan to go for it. As you do.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Ours goes into effect Nov 1. But it just means you have to wfh not get fired. Many jobs at my site require you to work onsite so it'll be interesting to see what happens. My guess is that like 95% of the site is vaccinated (~300 people).

sdWhiskers

Good morning. My kid woke me at 3am with a nightmare, and that had me up for awhile afterwards, 

delicate flower

Ours goes into effect Nov 1. But it just means you have to wfh not get fired.

Whether or not you WFH is irrelevant in our case.  If you work for us, you must be vaccinated.

<3

sdWhiskers

So I signed up for a marathon last night  I was "just looking" at different options but then saw there were only 1,000 spots total and quickly registered. I'm probably an idiot.

Anyway. I was supposed to do deferred San Diego RnR next weekend but life, covid and summer got in the way. Living here, winter races are ideal so I was looking Jan-Mar. The other local marathon is Carlsbad in mid Jan. I turn 40 in Jan so maybe a nice way to ring in getting Old. The course isn't terrible but also not awesome--its 2 loops along the ocean so rolling hills with total elevation gain 775 ft. I've run the HM before and PR'd it at the time. Race starts at 6:15am and will probably be 50F but rising to close to 70 by midday. It's less than 30 min away which will be nice.

I haven't thought about it too much yet but I'll probably repeat my CIM 2018 training with a little more mileage. Or I may ask my friend/Coach to help again. I have 13 weeks to make something happen.