Beginners and Beyond

Out & About ThursDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Good morning.

It's about time for me to rejoin the collective. I'll do that with a 4 - 5 mile jog here shortly.

Cyberic

I looked at this coming weekend's weather forecast   When is that gonna stop?

On the running front, I'm very anxious to run my first of three easy 5er today. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the three. Wish me luck.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Orange Theory done and I am done as well, LOL. 7 recovery miles and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 miles with the last 2 harder than easy.  It felt good to push it just a little.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Morning. Orange Theory done and I am done as well, LOL. 7 recovery miles and Pilates tonight.

What is that? I asked once before but you had my ass on pay no mind.

Docket_Rocket

What is that? I asked once before but you had my ass on pay no mind.

Maybe you didn't read the 300 times I explained it here.

It's a gym with 1 hour High Intensity classes.  Here is the link.  They are all over the US but not everywhere.  Interestingly, they started out of Ft. Lauderdale 10 or so years ago and I never knew.

It's super high intensity and it varies between the TM, the rower, and the weight room.  Today, I had to bike 1 mile (I use the bike instead of the TM most of the time since I already run a shit ton), then row 200m and do as many reps of those two as I could before the end of the 26th minute.  I did 7, the guy that won did 8.  I usually burn around 500 calories in that hour.  It's pretty good and intense.

https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I ran some pickups with float recoveries. It was nice. I like taper. 9.5ish total.

LRB

Maybe you didn't read the 300 times I explained it here.

It's a gym with 1 hour High Intensity classes.  Here is the link.  They are all over the US but not everywhere.  Interestingly, they started out of Ft. Lauderdale 10 or so years ago and I never knew.

It's super high intensity and it varies between the TM, the rower, and the weight room.  Today, I had to bike 1 mile (I use the bike instead of the TM most of the time since I already run a shit ton), then row 200m and do as many reps of those two as I could before the end of the 26th minute.  I did 7, the guy that won did 8.  I usually burn around 500 calories in that hour.  It's pretty good and intense.

https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/

I apologize. I haven't seen any of the times you explained it, I've just seen you post that you did an hour of OTF.

Docket_Rocket

Lol. it was a while ago. I would see if they have any near you and take the free class. It's the easiest way to explain it (although every class is different and they don't tell you what you'll do until you get there).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Gooooood MORNING!  I was in the pool again this morning for the fourth day in a row, and my arms and shoulders were feeling the fatigue.  Still a good 2400 yard swim with the masters group.  Bike ride tonight.

<3

Last 15 MLR of the cycle. Hallelujah. I get to delete the 4:00 alarm now, won't be needing that again anytime soon.

Dave

onemile

I looked at this coming weekend's weather forecast   When is that gonna stop?

On the running front, I'm very anxious to run my first of three easy 5er today. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the three. Wish me luck.

How's it looking?

Are you planning to do any quality in your long run on Sunday?

LRB

Last 15 MLR of the cycle. Hallelujah. I get to delete the 4:00 alarm now, won't be needing that again anytime soon.

Your sanity can be questioned, but your commitment and drive are off fucking limits!

Your sanity can be questioned

Disagree. I am unquestionably insane.

Dave

onemile

Disagree. I am unquestionably insane.

So are you thinking something in the 3:23-3:25 range?