Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins, sipping cocoa! (Read 4 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Cocoa Day, which sounds good to me, it's darned cold out there!!  I'm running late here at the forums because I had a doctor appointment this morning -- no worries, just the annual checkup.  Tonight is calm, then I have a meeting tomorrow night, quartet on Friday night, a party on Saturday evening, and a church thing Sunday evening. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - busy week! We had cocoa last night after our walk with Ben. Temperature was in the 20s with a feels like of 2 degrees, so we earned it. Today is as cold, but the sun makes it feel a bit warmer. Currently the feels like is 10.  I'm still trying to decide whether to go outside to run or wimp out on the TM. When we walked Ben this morning, it didn't feel that bad except when walking into the wind. But I won't be wearing a down coat and gloves to run.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Have been in court most of the day again, sigh.  I have 8 miles and weights tonight.

No cocoa for me.

Enjoy the quiet night, HopesMom.

Ginny, sounds like it's windy from the difference between the temps and the feels like.  Enjoy whichever you decide upon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

It's definitely windy here, something to avoid in my opinion!!

Dusty has not been sleeping well through the night.  During the supermoon he was very whiny and restless, and DH got up and sat with him on the couch.  Now Dusty thinks that is the normal state of affairs, so we go to bed and he whines and fusses.  The problem is, once he was really thirsty, and once he had to pee, and once he had to poo, so it's hard to tell when he has something really going on and when he's just lying to us to get someone downstairs.  Once he goes outside and runs around a little, he comes inside and refuses to come upstairs and get back in his crate.

We have created a monster.

So I washed his bed this morning (who knows, maybe it smelled funky to a dog nose?), and I suggested DH sacrifice an old T-shirt to wrap around a little pillow so he has something DH-y to snuggle with.  And I suggested another walk before dinner (ours, not his), so hopefully he's more tired and actually ready to sleep at bedtime.

Though actually I'm sleeping really well, because he's more DH's dog, so DH gets up and sits with him, leaving me all alone in a very comfy king-sized bed. 

Docket_Rocket

Ha, that's why you can't let cats or dogs an inch, because they will take a foot next time!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - Ben got fussy last night at bedtime, though he had been walked a couple of hours before. He rarely whines, so we took him out and he actually needed to go so I felt a bit better about wandering around the backyard in my nightgown and down coat. That is usually Jim's job (by his choice) but I feel bad about all the times he's had to take Ben out in the rain and cold, so I volunteered. Hopefully this won't be a new pattern.

I did end up doing my run outside. It ended up being almost 6 miles. I drove to town, to take advantage of the buildings closer together and it wasn't too bad since I was mostly able to avoid heading into the wind, which isn't possible at home. My windjacket is surprisingly warm, as long as I keep moving.