Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins are Shaking that Rump! (Read 27 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Mitch and Jimmy are, at least.  Good luck at the Rumpshaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5-6 miles later.  Good luck to those racing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning! Boot camp this morning and I think I'm going to try to run today, see how it feels.

From the Internet.

8 miles with my club in 1:17 and change, I feel both awesome and tired, haha. That 15k I wanted to run is going to be very doable.

I've had second breakfast, coffee, and a shower, I think I'm gonna ice and throw on compression sleeves as a precautionary measure and then take a nap. Have a good weekend all!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Another RD.  Knee is still sore, but I can walk okay.  Progress has plateaued.  Looks like a good day to work on taxes .

Good luck Saturday racers.

hog4life

Hi everyone, got myself a new PR of 23:20! This is still unofficial though. Got to see Jimmy and his wife, but failed to get any pics. Jimmy had a good run too, but will let him tell you about it. I've got a few pics on FB, and will get up more pics here with a RR later.

Jimmy, I'm very sorry I couldn't stick around and had to break our lunch date. Hopefully we can get together at Cotton Row.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Mitch!

I saw a picture of Jimmy in FB.  I think he did great too!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Mitch on the new PR.

Damaris - enjoy your 6 miles.

PADRunner - I hope your run goes well.

Lauren - hurray for good long runs.  So have you signed up for the race yet?

Jerry - what did the doctor say about running?  Are you supposed to wait until the pain is all gone?

AFM:  Beautiful day so DH and I are taking Ben for a walk in the woods.  It would be a great day for a LR, but they come first.  Especially since the weather is so iffy for the next few days.  Hopefully the snow is finally melted out now.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: great run and congrats on the pr!

hi from the swim meet in Long Beach. We are at an outdoor pool right on the beach. Good stuff!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Mitch and Jimmy.  You guys are fast.

Ginny, I won't/can't run until pain is gone. I'll get an xray next week if its not better, and then an MRI if the Xray doesn't reveal anything.  They try the cheapest tests first.  Enjoy the walk.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Great run Mitch!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

8 miles with my club in 1:17 and change, I feel both awesome and tired, haha. That 15k I wanted to run is going to be very doable.

I've had second breakfast, coffee, and a shower, I think I'm gonna ice and throw on compression sleeves as a precautionary measure and then take a nap. Have a good weekend all!

Wonderful!  I was wondering what you'd decided or if you'd talked to your coach.  Maybe you've jumped the injury hurtle finally!  Anyway, enjoy your nap.

Mitch-- yay and congrats on the PR!

Jimmy-- looking forward to hearing how it went for you.

Zel-- is your race tomorrow?

Did 3 very easy miles.  In a bit DH and I are to meet friends for lunch at a  new restaurant in Sonoita wine country.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Nice, Mitch! Congrats to Jimmy too, can't wait to hear how he did Smile

Ginny - not yet, I want to make sure I get the OK from my coach first - I would feel bad doing it without his approval, haha.

Docket_Rocket

5 miles on the TM.  Not sure why I am sweating more than I would outside in 87F! 

Damaris

Fundraising Page