Beginners and Beyond

So what the hell is (Read 1027 times)

runfoolery

Err, that's the Silents. or the Silence. The Others are totally different show.

Oh, I enjoy Friday meltdowns. I'm just sad that as far as I know i haven't triggered or started one.

xor

L&O used to stand for Letters and Opinions.  They are known for harshing on noobs who post idiotic questions, getting banned, and secretly being really good runners.  Join in the fun, but bring your thick skin.  They're good people, for the most part.

For the RAers who are lurking this thread.... (cough)

Just don't look at them, the Others, as we have deemed them. when you see one, put a mark on your arm so that you know how many you saw before you turn around. Because once you turn around, you forget you saw them in the first place. I have heard they are everywhere but I am too afraid to look, so I don't. Or maybe I did. I just can't remember.

+1,000 Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

And it's known as the Friday meltdown because, oddly enough, they generally seem to occur on Fridays.  Occasionally one will happen on another day of the week and then everyone says, "What the heck, it's only Wednesday, people!"

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Or when a guy is bored and sick and keeps posting history lessons.

That guy sucks.

Or when a person keeps asking the same questions over and over (and over and over) and never following any advice provided.  Meltdown commences even before the poster submits the thread.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

Man, I don't even understand what that means!

And since you quoted my post... which was self-referential (I'm the sick guy who sucks)... I'm wondering, did I do that?

Docket_Rocket

Man, I don't even understand what that means!

And since you quoted my post... which was self-referential (I'm the sick guy who sucks)... I'm wondering, did I do that?

Not unless you yell wheeeeee a lot. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

Naw, that one's for Dizzy.

I never quite got the hoopla about him, but either his advice-seeking threads were before my time or I ignored them so I don't know the history

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Not unless you yell wheeeeee a lot. Big grin

I thought that was the pig from those commercials. I'm so confused. :P

Docket_Rocket

Naw, that one's for Dizzy.

I never quite got the hoopla about him, but either his advice-seeking threads were before my time or I ignored them so I don't know the history

That's because you starting posting after all his nasty threads had been buried, like the one where he mocked Jenny's cancer and when he mocked my asthma.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

lol, When I first joined I felt sorry for him because I thought everyone was picking on him all the time.  He sure could get everyone going.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

xor

Weeeeee!

Mocking cancer (or asthma) ain't cool. I do it regularly though.  Edit: cancer. Not asthma.  And never someone else's.

Jess runs for bacon

That's because you starting posting after all his nasty threads had been buried, like the one where he mocked Jenny's cancer and when he mocked my asthma.

Seriously?

Docket_Rocket

Seriously?

I have a very nasty email from him I even made public.  I forgot to mention he also wished stubbornrunner would die in hell and some other stuff.  And I'm being serious.

I know a lot of newer posters thought we were hard on him but the Jenny episode was really bad.  I can take his jealous rantings (although every time I read that PM I want to cry) but don't mess with our learnedfoot!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sugnim

I have a very nasty email from him I even made public.  I forgot to mention he also wished stubbornrunner would die in hell and some other stuff.  And I'm being serious.

I know a lot of newer posters thought we were hard on him but the Jenny episode was really bad.  I can take his jealous rantings (although every time I read that PM I want to cry) but don't mess with our learnedfoot!

Wow.  I always thought he was just a goof who was allergic to punctuation.  That's pretty crappy.