Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It is June.  I am wearing a down jacket.  There is something fundamentally wrong with this.

15 trainer miles to give me a reason to get out of bed, because work isn't a good enough one.  I wanted to do tonight's 5K speed series since it is Global Running Day, but my pacer won't let me race it (since she's pacing me on Sunday, assuming I'm still alive [and she thinks like a normal person instead of the freak that I am]), so I'm apparently supposed to aim for a time about a minute slower than the last one.  I've run a whole bunch of 5Ks around that time.  I have no idea why I still find it so intimidating.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

But don't you wear a down jacket in 75F like Miamians do?

Still raining here and the front of my house was flooded but my car was on the carport, as opposed to hubby who is going to be fucked with lots of water to get to his, oops.

I have Orange Theory and whatever miles are left after that to complete 5-6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 7

delicate flower

'Morning.  I had to wear gloves on my run yesterday.  It's frikkin June!  Looks like the next week will finally start looking like summer, which is good because my July 70.3 race is in Virginia and I need to prepare for a hot race.

2400 yards in the pool this morning and I've got a 4 mile run to do after work.  After two weeks of taper/recovery, it's nice to start getting back into my usual groove.

<3

LRB

I ran 7

That's just a few minutes earlier than I run sometimes. What time did you wake up to get that stupid shit done? It looks like you got right with it after the first mile though. 👍

bluerun

Super B****

But don't you wear a down jacket in 75F like Miamians do?

Still raining here and the front of my house was flooded but my car was on the carport, as opposed to hubby who is going to be fucked with lots of water to get to his, oops.

I have Orange Theory and whatever miles are left after that to complete 5-6.

No, just into the 60s...

Seriously.  It's freezing.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It is June.  I am wearing a down jacket.  There is something fundamentally wrong with this.

You're getting what we've had. If that trend continues you'll be baking in 90 degree temps in a week!

LRB

No, just into the 60s...

Seriously.  It's freezing.

The 50s and 60s feel great in November, not so much in JUNE.

onemile

That's just a few minutes earlier than I run sometimes. What time did you wake up to get that stupid shit done? It looks like you got right with it after the first mile though. 👍

I've been getting out of bed around 5:20. Leave the house around 5:45. Get to work around 6:15.  Drop my stuff in a locker and start running. So I'm awake about an hour before running

I think my GPS was off on the first mile. It was showing a 12-13 min pace for the first 1/3rd mile and I wasn't even feeling terrible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

High 50's this morning, but I went to the gym first.

No automatic alt text available.

Then got home and debated on a run, finally deciding on taking both dogs with me for 3.1 easy miles.

No automatic alt text available.

Now I'm just finishing up my weight lifting part at home by doing some Romanian Deadlifts and Squats. My legs hate me and want to sleep.....wait, no I want to sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I've been getting out of bed around 5:20. Leave the house around 5:45. Get to work around 6:15.  Drop my stuff in a locker and start running. So I'm awake about an hour before running

I think my GPS was off on the first mile. It was showing a 12-13 min pace for the first 1/3rd mile and I wasn't even feeling terrible

Awesome. I think this is your second go at morning running and hopefully it sticks. If nothing else you get cooler temps but more than that (and probably most important), the stupid thing is done and out of the way.

4 miles. Very creaky at the start, but ended up feeling good. Pretty stiff in the hip/glute/hamstring area more or less the whole way, but nothing really hurt. So I think I'm ready to get back on the horse. Slowly.

Also ran into some kind of race happening on my route this morning. A Global Running Day thing maybe. Anyway I was a salmon swimming upstream both ways of my out & back. Might have been fun to jog it if I'd known about it.

Oh and of course I saw the big Brooks announcement. But I still have no more idea what it actually is than I did yesterday.

Dave

onemile

Awesome. I think this is your second go at morning running and hopefully it sticks. If nothing else you get cooler temps but more than that (and probably most important), the stupid thing is done and out of the way.

When I tried it before, I pretty much had to be DONE running by the time I begin running now. Because I was doing it right after getting up, then showering, and then driving to work. I also tried it when it was pitch black winter cold

Now is nice because it's perfect temps and light out

onemile

Oh and of course I saw the big Brooks announcement. But I still have no more idea what it actually is than I did yesterday.

+1

LRB

+1

"According to the fifth annual Brooks Global Run Happy Report, the majority of runners across the globe (62%) dreamt of becoming a professional athlete as a kid; however, big-time endorsement deals in running are generally reserved for only the fastest in the world."

Maybe back in the olden days, but certainly not now.