Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdalies, with a friendly interloper (Read 46 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Umm, it seemed late not to see a thread by now, so I'll take my chances on still recalling how to do it!

Had a nice 20 miler on Sunday through the country and then ran 5ish with the girlfriend yesterday as a recovery run.

I got dragged into the KY Derby half marathon this weekend, which I'm just running to pace a friend, and then subsequently into Opening Night at The Derby after the race...anyone have anything fancy I can borrow? ha  I'm more excited about the Flying Pig 4-way that I'm running the following weekend, and the fact that it's taper time.

Hope everyone had a good start to the running week!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with 2 @ MP after Pilates.  I must have stepped wrong yesterday (or my Altras did it), but my heel hurts a bit.

SIAR, hiya!  Nice 20 and 5.  Long time no see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Early morning threshold run for me.  3 x 1 mile with rests in between.  DR - I hope the ankle isn't serious.

There was a discussion yesterday of the Garmin performance condition stat.  My watch does that too and as I understand it, the stat is not just a function of pace but also of heart rate.  It's supposed to be an indication of how rested you are and how strong your run will be.  Unfortunately, it can't take into account other variables such as terrain, weather, and how vigorous your warmup was, so it's really a rather blunt tool.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

I got dragged into the KY Derby half marathon this weekend, which I'm just running to pace a friend, and then subsequently into Opening Night at The Derby after the race...

Nice. I could see myself dressed as the old school Joker for that. Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

Re: Garmin performance stats, all I know is my watch is telling me I’m detraining now.  So obnoxiously rude.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Hello.  lolol

I had an abbreviated swim before work because I had early meetings to get to.  Well, technically it is a single eight hour meeting, which oddly enough I don't mind attending.  I mean, here I am surfing the internet during said meeting.  Bike workout after work.

Nice. I could see myself dressed as the old school Joker for that. Big grin

It's weird that you'd post this picture because I swear I am sitting across from this guy right now.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 48 miles in intermittent light rain.  It was in the 50s, but I was chilly enough by the time I saw my driveway, that I DGAF about  riding another 2 miles to make it a prettier number.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

I have 7 with 2 @ MP

Ha, everyone knows what that means.

6 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Ha, everyone knows what that means.

6 miles.

LOL. Would be perfect if my heel wasn't on fire...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

5 easy miles in fog/mist/snails this morning.

Work is pushing me to take on more responsibilities...but yeah, I don't really want to. Work-life balance is doing ok at the moment. I know I'm supposed to 'Lean In' and all that, but no.

Work-life balance

What's that now?

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks for the outfit suggestion LRB - too funny! Apparently the men are wearing hats now too, so I'll throw that on and be good to go.

Docket - too long! Sorry about the heel pain. I've just never gotten on with Altras, even though I'd like to like them.

Fred...nice job on the mile repeats. Do you do yours on the road or track?

Blue...the Garmin is very rude. Mine as decided that I've dropped 3 VO2 max points in less than two weeks!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred...nice job on the mile repeats. Do you do yours on the road or track?

I use a track because I'm not very good yet at maintaining an even pace and it's so much easier for me to do so on a track where I can check myself every 200 meters.  I run one of every 4 laps in lane 2 to more closely approximate 1 mile of distance - that in itself is insight into how unnecessarily obsessive I can be about numbers. 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

SIAR, I think you need a seersucker suit with a bowtie for the Derby. And a hat.

SIAR, I think you need a seersucker suit with a bowtie for the Derby. And a hat.

Do they pass out mint juleps at the aid stations? (FTR - I went to the Derby once, and figured I had to try one of those things. I thought it was gag-inducing.)

Dave