Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #5 (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DId I get that right? Up early to drive up to PA again to move MIL. It's super windy, I need to tell DH that I want all low stuff in my truck. Someone more used to driving a truck can haul the mattress. Not sure If I will get a run in once we get back.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I bailed 5 miles into my 16 because it just wasn't happening.  I took tomorrow off from work and will do the LR then.  I've had four hard workouts this week so I'm not really surprised with this.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning.  Did my 2nd 5K of the year on Saturday.  A hilly little venture called River Road Run 5K.  There was also a 10K and a half marathon.  Nice scenic views of the Guadalupe River along the way.  Ended up with a 35:54 chip time, and did negative splits, so was happy about that.  Still not where I was before my pacemaker surgery in last August, but slowly and surely getting there.

Today will probably go out for a run/walk later this afternoon.  We are having some nice weather in San Antonio, supposed to reach 70 today and be sunny with blue skies.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 10 after breakfast. It's sunny but super windy so it should be a brisk one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

13.1 miles done this morning, ankles still intact.... surprisingly after all the damn potholes I managed to avoid in the dark.

That gives me 31.2 miles for the week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Off, slept in again, odd but nice.  Work today so not time to run

Cyberic

Ran 16ish. RP wanted to do a bit of MPish running, so I told him to do his thing and I'd follow. He improvised. We did a 1500, then two 2000s, and finished with a 1500. We started slower than my MP and finished faster than my MP.

He bought a Garmin 360 degrees video cam. It's actually 2 cams that each film 200 degrees, and the two videos are stitched together by software. He filmed rep # 2, and I held the camera for rep # 4. Can't wait to see the result. MP isn't so hard (when you're not doing 10+miles worth of it) so I think my running will be pretty relaxed.

Cyberic

After my run I was taking a look at my splits on Strava, and saw a weird surge of speed in my 5th km. A 6:30 paced km while I was jogging to meet my RP. I did not run fast in that kilometer. It's a GPS screw up. My Stryd splits are nice and even Smile

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Good Morning (just barely)! Ran a little over 3 to bring my weekly to 33.7 which is another new "most in a while..."  One nice thing about not running, then slowly building back up, is that you have lots of new "records" to get excited about along the way!

LRB - responding to your question yesterday...I have not done the Hanson's run. I really haven't done any group runs ever.  Probably a combo of being anti-social, not wanting to drive somewhere to run, time, etc... But I'm thinking some group runs or a more concrete plan would really help with getting through winter training so I'll look it up. Also thinking about trying to find a local group, if there is one, to run with a few times.

Cyberic

Good Morning (just barely)! Ran a little over 3 to bring my weekly to 33.7 which is another new "most in a while..."  One nice thing about not running, then slowly building back up, is that you have lots of new "records" to get excited about along the way!

LRB - responding to your question yesterday...I have not done the Hanson's run. I really haven't done any group runs ever.  Probably a combo of being anti-social, not wanting to drive somewhere to run, time, etc... But I'm thinking some group runs or a more concrete plan would really help with getting through winter training so I'll look it up. Also thinking about trying to find a local group, if there is one, to run with a few times.

Although harder to find, a RP  beats a running group for my personality. I have tried group runs but don't like them.

Like you, I have this "not wanting to drive somewhere to run, time, etc..." I wouldn't say I'm anti-social, but a large group of runners on sidewalks, crossing streets, etc is just not my thing.

Onemile does take her car to run with RPs. I don't, but the downside is that I run alone more often than her.

Running with others definitely makes running long miles more enjoyable.

LRB

If you want to check it out let me know and I'll run it with you. One loop at easy pace would be a great for overall strength and would most likely be all your lungs could handle at this point in your comeback. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Woke up at my usual weekday time, heard a howling wind that sounded strong enough to pick me up and deposit me three blocks away, and said "FTS" before going back to sleep.

I did go out a few hours later for 14 miles. Long easy runs are my favorite, but not when they include wind resistance training. I was both overdressed and under-dressed, because I froze running into the wind and was way too hot when the wind was behind me. Talent!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Can I post here again? I used to years ago

6 miles today.  Crisp and nice run.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Everyone is different but if I didn't drive to run I would bash my face in with boredom running the same variation of routes from my front door. Running is monotonous in and of itself, so I need something different from time to time to break that up. Not to mention that running trails is an entirely different stimulus, so it's mentally refreshing...or can be.

LRB

Can I post here again? I used to years ago

6 miles today.  Crisp and nice run.

Hi. You ask that every year. 😂