Beginners and Beyond

Big Picture TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I was unable to fall back asleep after waking up at 3:00 am. But when it came time to get up and run at 5:20, I was sleepy. lol

I will leave work early and run then. If not, I won't.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

on my way to badass

Going to get some miles in as well as some chores.  Then I might go sit in a tree and wait for Bambi to walk by.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

bluerun

Super B****

20 trainer miles, swim tonight if I'm lucky... I have a mosquito bite at the very end of one of my toes.  You wouldn't think this is such a big problem, but IT IS.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

20 trainer miles, swim tonight if I'm lucky... 

Same here but opposite order, which is the correct way IMO.

<3

Zelanie

Probably do my last strength workout tonight, 6 x 1 @ MP - :10.  I've been working a double on Tuesdays, so have run the last few strengths on Wednesdays instead.  But finally this Tuesday I only have to work one job, so I can run hard again. Smile

I was unable to fall back asleep after waking up at 3:00 am. But when it came time to get up and run at 5:20, I was sleepy. 

2:30 for me.  Ran a sleepy 9 anyway.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning peeps.

Intervals this morning, I really didn't want to get up but I did drag my ass out of bed.

It was a 2.2 mile warm and then 6x400m at what I think is a realistic goal 5k pace for me. And of course 90 second recoveries followed by 2.45 mile cool down.

Total: 7.2 miles

1:45.1 / 7:00mm , 1:48.6 / 7:14mm , 1:51.0 / 7:24mm , 1:49.2 / 7:17mm , 1:49.0 / 7:16mm , 1:44.9 / 7:00mm

I am going to schedule a massage this Saturday, hoping that will help my legs. My PR for an actual 5k is currently 24:40 with a pace of 7:57 mm, I am hoping that as long as my legs feel well and it's cold enough, next Thursday I should be able to get under 23 minutes......

But I would be just as happy if I can knock 41 seconds off my PR.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh and this pic is from yesterday evening.

Big Boy was heading deep into the woods, hopefully this weekend I will have better luck with him. He's a beautiful beast.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 5-7 miles tonight.  Back feels much better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Sounds like a plan.  You will have plenty of time for a shower and may be on burger #2, but I'm down if you are.  My flight out isn't until 9:45 PM.

Mr. O is running it too and he hasn't run over 13 or 14 miles so I'll be waiting for him too.  Depending on how horrible I feel and how cold it is out, I may stick around the finish line.

LRB

Mr. O is running it too and he hasn't run over 13 or 14 miles so I'll be waiting for him too.  Depending on how horrible I feel and how cold it is out, I may stick around the finish line.

Will this be the first time he joins you in a marathon? Being an Ironman finisher, I suspect the thought of training for a marathon in the traditional sense lacks appeal.

LRB

Going to get some miles in as well as some chores.  Then I might go sit in a tree and wait for Bambi to walk by.

Today is opening day here in the big mitten, there are not many hunters in my department though. Do you have to travel far to get to your spot?

onemile

Will this be the first time he joins you in a marathon? Being an Ironman finisher, I suspect the thought of training for a marathon in the traditional sense lacks appeal.

No, we ran Chicago together (literally) (my first marathon but he had done one prior) up until like mile 22 and then I lost track of him at a water station.  But yeah his first marathon was in an ironman 

LRB

2:30 for me.  Ran a sleepy 9 anyway.

You're the better man, I took the easy way out. Now it's hanging over my head as a task to complete. Blah.