Beginners and Beyond

TuesDailies Still feeling the heat (Read 33 times)

When will it end? 

It feels like the hottest morning yet out there. Too hot for Q work but I got it done anyway.

10min warm up

8x400/400+ rec (Target Rep pace 1:20) Splits: 1:24, 18, 17, 19, 19, 19, 18, 18

10min cool down

Whats everyone up to?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

It depends.  For me?  November. 

Morning!  I have Pilates and that's it. If I can make it there because the road is still closed, there is a sinkhole in the middle of the road and it all happened within 1/4 miles of the pilates studio.  And my Sbux remains closed.  FTS!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Pre-sunrise I had 75 degrees and fairly humid.  Enough to drench me on a 5-mile easy run.

4-mile race tomorrow in similar conditions.  One of those days you hope for a sprinkler at the finish line (or along the course itself).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

I did my first Q work in a while this morning.

8 x (600 /400). Was out the door at 5:30 to get use the coolest part of the day. Was far from comfortable, but got it done.

delicate flower

Hello, friends.  I am feeling a little more normal today even though I had another not-so-great night of sleep.  I swam for the first time in two weeks this morning (2500 yards) and felt pretty sluggish...probably swim rust plus travel carryover.  Off-road triathlon tonight.

My 4 mile run yesterday afternoon was certainly hot, but it was tolerable.  It probably helps that it was an easy run.  It felt worse when I stopped running.

<3

onemile

I ran 8 miles with a fartlek thing

onemile

My 4 mile run yesterday afternoon was certainly hot, but it was tolerable.  It probably helps that it was only 4 miles

KCRuns

Good morning!

Good luck Fred and Baboon on your races this week!  Is anyone else racing tomorrow?

It was cool this morning, but still high humidity.  I think it's the humidity more than anything that kills me.  7.5 miles run to work.  It's an early out day and off tomorrow for the 4th 

Cyberic

I ran 8 miles with a fartlek thing

Still hot around your parts? Your weather often comes here two days later. So I'm hoping it becomes cooler soon for you.

onemile

Still hot around your parts? Your weather often comes here two days later. So I'm hoping it becomes cooler soon for you.

Not as bad today. Low 60's this morning and sunny. it warmed up fast and is 75 out now supposed to get to 84 today.

RunningOnSand

Good morning, peeps!

LM, good to see you checking in! I hear you on the legs not wanting to go. WTF indeed.

Docket, how's your migraine today? Are there still remnants or is it finally gone? Weird (and scary) about a sinkhole. Hopefully no one got caught in it.

I'm impressed by you overachievers by getting workouts done today despite the heat and way early mornings. Big grin I was supposed to do mile repeats today but my achilles was a bit cranky yesterday, and I think my ITB is getting tight and cranky b/c it's slightly pulling on my knee. I've been trying to roll it out. anyway, that's my excuse for not running today...i'll try again tomorrow.

Cyberic

Not as bad today. Low 60's this morning and sunny. it warmed up fast and is 75 out now supposed to get to 84 today.

Hopefully the "cold front" will hurry up and come over here.

But as LRB said, it's a little soon to be bitching about the heat. I'm not doing that. Not bitching. Just wishing it comes to an end soon Smile

Docket_Rocket

Good morning, peeps!

LM, good to see you checking in! I hear you on the legs not wanting to go. WTF indeed.

Docket, how's your migraine today? Are there still remnants or is it finally gone? Weird (and scary) about a sinkhole. Hopefully no one got caught in it.

I'm impressed by you overachievers by getting workouts done today despite the heat and way early mornings. Big grin I was supposed to do mile repeats today but my achilles was a bit cranky yesterday, and I think my ITB is getting tight and cranky b/c it's slightly pulling on my knee. I've been trying to roll it out. anyway, that's my excuse for not running today...i'll try again tomorrow.

I didn't feel completely 100% yesterday so I didn't lift, but today I'm good.  I think my neck is still fucked up from the accident and I need to get it adjusted, so I'm going on Thursday for that.  For now, hubby is ordering me some migraine meds (the ones that were recommended are nasal sprays).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

3 easy miles on a hotel TM. Still too hot in their "fitness center", should have just run outside.

Ran into a friend yesterday in PA who lives in New Orleans. He was happy to be in a place with no humidity. LOL it's amazing what your body can get used to.

10k in Freeport Maine tomorrow morning.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yikes, crazy day at work for me Sad

Ended up with a nice 6.8 miles - was happy that my body wasn't sore from the weekend long run.

Looking to get something like 8-10 miles tonight after work.

Hope you all are enjoying a more pleasant day than I am!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn