Beginners and Beyond

Pre-race FriDailies (Read 36 times)

Morning!

Well the cold is still lingering a bit but it’s not bad. Got my pre race run done.  4mi plus 4 strides and drills. Will just have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow when the gun goes off. It’s not a goal race so I’m not worried about what happens.

ROS- DW and I watched it last night. OMG I was sweating. Amazing episode. I wonder when the new season will start.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 3 to run but woke up with a headache so we will see.  We have to be at the airport in a couple of hours anyway.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Morning.  I have 3 to run but woke up with a headache so we will see.  We have to be at the airport in a couple of hours anyway.

The run should be optional.  Have a good trip and Good Luck in Missoula on Sunday!!!

7 this afternoon for me.  Last run before vaca and I can join virtual Cy on the beach.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, it is.  I do like not to have two days off before a race, but it is what it is.  I'll try in MT.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 41 on a nicer morning.  Lower temps  and humidity made it sweet.  Also, I saw the longest lasting shooting star of my life.  Winning.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Also, I saw the longest lasting shooting star of my life.  Winning.

Truth.

KCRuns

Good luck tomorrow Jay!

Safe travels Docket and Bert-O!

2.5 easy miles run commute.  The plan said rest or recovery, so I took my sweet time and enjoyed my time by the lake.

KCRuns

I saw the longest lasting shooting star of my life.  Winning.

Awesome!

bluerun

Super B****

Good morning!

I rode 41 on a nicer morning.  Lower temps  and humidity made it sweet.  Also, I saw the longest lasting shooting star of my life.  Winning.

Have a kickass day!

That IS awesome.  I don't think I've ever seen one.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5 plodding miles... caught in a catch-22 because I feel like I'd be faster (and, um, happier) if I were to drop these twenty unnecessary pounds but I can't do that because then my bones will fall apart so I'm basically screwed.  Plod on.

chasing the impossible

onemile

I ran 5 plodding miles... caught in a catch-22 because I feel like I'd be faster (and, um, happier) if I were to drop these twenty unnecessary pounds but I can't do that because then my bones will fall apart so I'm basically screwed.  Plod on.

Sounds like they are necessary after all

bluerun

Super B****

Sounds like they are necessary after all

Only if I want to keep running

chasing the impossible

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!

Had a nice 6 miles out at the trails last night. Having not run out to the trail definitely made it easier to enjoy the trail miles.

Headed to WV for a weekend getaway with the gf at around noon today. There's a 5k on the trail at our resort Saturday morning, so we'll be doing that. Other than that, it's just pool, golf, restaurants, a winery and a couple runs.

Hope you all have a great weekend of running!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good luck in Montana, Damaris.

Jay - good luck to you too.

Bert-o - enjoy the beach (and the run today)

PR - The bit about the shooting star is pretty cool.  Nice ride.

KCR - 2.5 along a lake sure sounds like recovery to me.  :-)

Blue, OneMile - I've gotten in too much trouble contributing to weight discussions, so I'll leave it to you two.  ;-)

SIAR - Have fun in WV and at the 5k.

Six easy for me today, though the first mile never seems easy when I get up at 4:30.  At least we still have reasonably cool temps that early.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!

Have a kickass day!

Very cool! I never know whether I should trust my eyes that I've seen one, or if it's just the onset of cataracts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn