Beginners and Beyond

Happy Winter Solstice FRIDAY Penguins! (Read 167 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scotty- I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings! You are the most entertaining Penguin with my favorite RRs, I would hate to offend you!

Zelanie- congrats on the 10 miles.

I just got back from an awesome run. I usually get home from work late so if I miss a run in the morning then it's missed for the day. But I got home a little after 4:00 today and I knew I had a little time before it got dark-dark. It was still windy and cold but the rain was done, and I felt a million times better (usually when I have a cold it is worst in the morning and then sometimes I feel better as the day goes on). So I laced up and headed out! I was running along trying to consider how to plan my route as it would slowly start getting darker. I thought to myself, "well at least people have Christmas lights to help keep it lighter" when it dawned on me: CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!! There is a neighborhood only 2 miles or so from me that is FAMOUS for their Christmas lights. It is a really rich neighborhood with huge houses and people go all out. As in more lights than Griswald, probably more lights than our awood, giant Santas, flying mechanical reindeer, mechanical carrousels that turn, mechanical toy soldiers that march around, mechanical nativity sets, gigantic blow up characters, the total works. It is always on the news, and people come literally by the bus load to see the houses. I haven't had a chance to get over there yet this year. So I ran over there, jogged around that neighborhood with a few pauses to admire some particularly fantastic displays, and ran back. Just under 5 miles. Just wish I had my camera, it was amazing! I was only supposed to do 3 miles.....does that mean this was my long run and I need to do 3 miles this weekend?

Glad we're all still here on this earth! Happy Friday!

FUN RUN. !!!!  Smile