Beginners and Beyond

(NOT) Toasty-Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have to keep telling myself not to start complaining about Winter....... not yet.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have to keep telling myself not to start complaining about Winter....... not yet.

It's okay to vent your feelings about winter. We've been doing it since November.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Or Summer, even. I've been doing that since...January of last year, lol.

Back at the office with bitch # 2 here.  I was not planning to run but she might make me crazy so we will see.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

FWRITF

I ran 3 way-too-windy miles.  It was 26, with a 10-15 mph steady wind, and some heavy gusts.  That puts the windchill somewhere in the teens, and I did not like it.  We have a wind advisory from noon today until in the morning.  There should be a steady 20mph, with 35+ gusts.  It is going to get into the upper 40s, so tomorrow's rain has a warm place to hang out.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

RCD

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up at like 12:23 AM or something, went back to sleep and woke up at 1:45 and at 1:55 I said f*ck it and got up. Went to the gym for Back and Shoulders, then went out and froze my ass off. I'm doing my best to not complain about the freezing weather, at least until the end of February.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning!

FWRITF

I ran 3 way-too-windy miles.  It was 26, with a 10-15 mph steady wind, and some heavy gusts.  That puts the windchill somewhere in the teens, and I did not like it.  We have a wind advisory from noon today until in the morning.  There should be a steady 20mph, with 35+ gusts.  It is going to get into the upper 40s, so tomorrow's rain has a warm place to hang out.

Have a great day!

Pleasant Ridge I don't think I've seen that abbreviation before.... is it F*ck Winter Running and something else?

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's okay to vent your feelings about winter. We've been doing it since November.

Winter only just now hit us last week, I have to hold off for a few weeks damn it lol.

D, I swear I'm going to appreciate Summer when it gets back to me, at least for a couple weeks.

PRs

delicate flower

Happy Monda...errrr...Tuesday!  Today's marathon training schedule called for an 8 mile steady tempo run, which I did on the treadmill because -15 wind chill can go to hell.  I'm not used to the treadmill or the warm air in the gym, so that was a tough workout.  It'll be 40-50 degrees with rain Wednesday and Thursday, so hopefully it'll wash away some of the snow and ice, but that also means my Thursday run will be on the treadmill again.

Back in work now, in Patriots Land, advertising my own team affiliation for anyone that'll listen who didn't already know.

<3

LRB

Or Summer, even. I've been doing that since...the internet was invented, lol.

FYP.

Because accuracy matters.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FYP.

Because accuracy matters.

Word.

Damaris

LRB

Word.

What's the word on on getting a paycheck? How are your peers coping?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What's the word on on getting a paycheck? How are your peers coping?

No paycheck this week either, yay us.

Everybody is desperate to get back to work.  Only bitch here complaining about being in financial distress is Bitch # 2, who is an attorney and does not live paycheck to paycheck. 

I suspect my agency will either rotate us next month or reopen and force everybody back to work for free.  As an example of how crazy things are, we just got 6 new bankruptcy cases and they are all mine.  20 cases in the last two weeks.  It's about to go down to crazier when courts close this Friday due to lack of funds.

Damaris

6 miles.

Dave

LRB