Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins, hallooooooooo!!! (Read 18 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Is anyone home?  McFly?  McFly?

I got up stupid-early (5:20, which is probably nothing to most of y'all) and walked with DH and Dusty.  It was still muggy and sweaty, but definitely cooler than it will be this afternoon.  So hey, that's done!  Looking toward office yoga this afternoon -- I couldn't do it yesterday because my undergrads were still wandering around my lab.

And for those of us who didn't have Thriday yesterday, it's Friday!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hey HsM, great job getting that walk checked off the list early!

I had to work early yesterday, had a challenging day, then had to stay late, too.  By the time I got home, I didn't have the mental energy for a quality workout, so I ran today's easy 6 instead.  Today, I have yesterday's 12 with 9 at MP to run.  Thinking of napping before I head out!

Singer who runs a smidge

Napping before that run sounds like a good idea!  Though since I got up early, napping at any point sounds good ...

I think tonight might be Bubble Bath Night.

Docket_Rocket

Yo.  6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Yo, Docket!!  Hey, will you PM me your e-mail address?  I'll be on vacation Sept 15-19, and last time I tried to log into either RWOL or our FB group, I couldn't.  E-mailing you my miles will be easier than hitting up RA messaging on my phone.  Thanks!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Week 1 of my break is over. My legs are not fatigues anymore but my injuries are lingering. Those will take some time, I suppose, and will not magically disappear. Damn. Everything is in full swing here with kids already in the third week of school and back at training in swimming and running. I can't believe DD1 is a senior. Damn (again).  I have a gig with the band tomorrow night so that will be nice.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the your running.

hog4life

Jack, you are always so busy, woo. Hang in there on the injury crap.

Hope, nice getting that walk done early.

Zel, hope you have a good workout tonight.

I ditched my easy run last night to pull weeds from the flower bed, so I run a few easy this afternoon when I get off work.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - good job on the early morning walk.  I hope you find time for your yoga too.

Z - good luck with the MLR this afternoon.  Do you do your long run tomorrow or Sunday?  Good training to do them back to back, but probably much more difficult.

Damaris - enjoy your short run this evening.

Jack - I'm sorry you're still hurting, but my understanding is that piriformis issues can take a long time.  If yours is also a hamstring issue, it can take a really long time.  Be careful.

Mitch - enjoy your after work run today.

AFM:  we're supposed to mow this afternoon, but given that it's 80 now with a feels like of 93, I am thinking 87 is going to really feel miserable.  We'll see.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 very dewey miles this morning.  Cooler this weekend, so maybe we will finally get a another LR in.

Was almost out the door on my way to breakfast with old co-workers when the plumber showed up.  Decided we need a new water line as well as more sewer work.  Too late for permits, so we'll have another weekend of listening to our sump pump going every minute.  At least its leaking before the water meter.

This is really going to eat into my running shoe budget.

Happy Friday, HsM  !!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Not much going on at work today, so I'm re-reading Born To Run.

And I had a steak salad for lunch, compliments of DH.  Anybody else have interesting food, or reads?

tracilynn

Hey pengs

I ran a humid 3miles this morning. My cold is still bugging me and the run was difficult.  I'm so ready for a cool off with the heat n humidity.

My 4 yr old has an ear infection and my other 4yr old had 5 shots yesterday. 5 yr old has a baseball game tonight and I have to take my 16 yr old cheerleader to a heated rivalry football game tonight because she is afraid her car will be keyed.  Just made spaghetti for my neighbor who had bypass surgery on his leg and comes home today. SHOOOO.

I'm drinking beer tonight!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Sounds like you could use it!! 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Went to our favorite dive bar for lunch after writing another check to the plumber.  So divey, they have no craft beer, not even Goose Island.

You deserve a couple of beers, Traci.

Docket_Rocket

I am drinking tonight too.  This is usually my SRD but since I moved last week's and this week's due to asthma (last week) and traveling (this week), I have to run before I can imbine.  103F and 76DP.  Sounds like a TM day to me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page