Beginners and Beyond

Stuck in a loop MonDAILIES (Read 59 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Thankfully the title does NOT refer to having to run on a track today. Instead, my son's bedtime CD apparently got stuck and has been playing all night. Not sure if that contributed to him waking up at 11, and 12:45 (he wanted to get up then and read), and at 3:15, but his waking contributed to me getting very little sleep before my 4 a.m. alarm. Up early to get my 10 miles done before the rest of the day begins. I may put some hill repeats into the run if my ankle feels OK.

And the 4 a.m. alarm explains why someone on Central Time is starting this thread - those of you "out East" must still be snoozing! Or taking the typical Monday SRD.

Kay, LRB - I'm going to need some serious coffee later! Please, and thank you.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Luke79

Morning.  SRD.

I'm getting sick.  Last night, my sinuses started draining heavily and they're still going this morning.  I don't know if it's too soon to be race related or not.

Have a great day everyone.

SRD for me, have a great Monday !

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

@runjerseygirl

SRD for me.  The boy has school today (make up from days lost after Sandy), but the princess and I are both off.  Thinking about mommy/daughter date day.  Breakfast, mani/pedi, shopping.  Should be fun.  I'm looking forward to it. Smile

Step, I've had nights like that with my kids.  I know how you feel.  Let's start you off with three cups and go from there.  Enjoy!

Do you even run?

flarunner

Mornin' Everyone!

Shari - I hope you get some rest today and that your ankle doesn't bother you.

Kay - Ooh mani-pedi. Sounds like fun!

Luke - Get some fluids into yourself!

Sparkster - Have a great day off.

Did 5 miles this morning in the frigid temp of 40*. Now, if it could just stay cool through this coming weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I may need to re-tool my running plans a little for April. I lost 2 weeks of training with the passing of my Dad. I may run the 15K instead of the HM. I won't change my Marathon goal for September however.

SRD for me. Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Yikes, Shari! I hope that your ten-miler goes well and that you sleep better tonight.

Luke, enjoy your well-earned SRD. Feel well soon.

Scott, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Kay, enjoy your time with DD.

flarunner, fantastic five.

SUSchnauzer, have a great SRD. I hope that you come up with the right plan.

Push-ups are done. I'll do weights and as at the gym after work.

Just B.S.

Morning Folks!!

Another weekend another snow storm!! That's 3 for 3 now! Typical Feb weather. Yes that sound you hear

is me crying.

Regular Monday morning swim was a no-go. After the 24+ hr  blizzard we shoveled from 9-11pm to get ready

for our exit this morning.  Storm continued all night and hubby had to shovel again for an hour just to get the

end of the driveway shoveled out.  We are still under a high wind warning.  Didn't lose power this time (yet)  

so that was good.

Of course now that the storm has almost passed the temps are plummeting, it's about -2 now.  Gotta love (hate)

winter in Canada.Big grin

So unfortunately the treadmill is going to feel my feet pounding it today.

Good part is only 3 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL I get the heck out of here into some warmth!!! Pulled out summer

clothes yesterday that I haven't seen since Sept! YES!!  I'm afraid I may go into shock feeling temps over 40F

for the first time in months.

Shari, hope the ankle cooperates

Luke (aka Mr. Sub 2), feel better

Sparker, Kay, have a good one.

FLA, hope you warmed up by now!

Schnauzer, my condolences on the loss of your Dad.

Basya, when you do leave for your trip?

Hello rest of daily folks! Have a good one!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! Easy 4mile recovery run this morning with some strength and core afterwards too. 2m with my DS tonite. Ran a solid 14+ miler on HM course. Feeling good about race less than 3 weeks out.

Docket - congrats on your new shiny PR bad-ass!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

LRB

Off day at work today and after waking up at 6:00 to catch my favorite show, I literally laid in bed in between sleep and bliss till 7:50.  That was nice!

Shari, take a hammer to that thing!

Luke, perhaps another drink will do it for ya!

Flo, Floridians hate it, but you and I know those are perfect temps to run long in.  Enjoy your day!

Beth, that's just crazy!

Supp, Jedi, Kay, Spark, SUS, Basya!

As for me, I will do my best to make my ass as flat as a pancake by sitting on it all day long!

Let's find some coffee up in this piece...

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning dailies.

rest day for me.  Legs are a little sore after the weekend.  I have my first 10K Saturday so I have to get right for that.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Had my early AM yoga. Tough workout but including some much needed stretching of some stiff muscles. Excellent start to the day.

Also I have finally broken up with Strava, and am now officially shacking up with RA. Moved all my stuff in.

LRB, we gotta know what your favorite 6AM show is! (Mine is actually Morning Joe, but I'm weird.)

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning cats and kittens!

6 miles for me tonight. I wanted to run this morning until I checked last night and saw the windchill at 5am was going to be 3. Three. I decided even if I did wake up at 5, I would chicken out so I didn't even bother trying.

I need to find a new route. I'm bored of my  normal "run around the neighborhood until I get my miles in" routine. Maybe I'll do an out-and-back somewhere.

LRB

LRB, we gotta know what your favorite 6AM show is! (Mine is actually Morning Joe, but I'm weird.)

Not weirder than I, Looney Tunes Classics!