Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES for the win! (Read 42 times)

LRB

Now that's a beat I can dance to.

What up doe?

Cyberic

Sunny out. That's nice!

I'll be doing some sort of Threshold work today. Not sure exactly what, just yet.

delicate flower

Hello, People of the Friday!  I missed my morning run today because.  So now I'll have to squeeze it in before my post-work swim this afternoon.  I'll need to leave work a little early to accomplish that so TWIST MY ARM.

No race tomorrow and so that makes me sad.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 with 2 at MP.  Half day at work, so see you later.

Internet at home was up this morning, yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Social run went well last night.  My RP's marathon is Saturday, and she still did 6 with us last night, still too fast.  She is going to kill it!  Maybe run 3 today if I feel like it.

cjones1

So, 6.5m easy this morning.  Very humid.  Oh yeah, and I'm typing this from the same keyboard that had a brown recluse crawl across it a few minutes ago.  And I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

outoftheblue

I've got my hand full.  On Wednesday, we adopted a dog from the local humane society. We were at the county animal control registering our rabies vaccinations for our two other dogs, when we saw her under the desk of the woman who was helping us. We were kind of looking for a dog anyway, and she was just such a sweetheart, we ended up taking her home. She had just been spayed that morning, so her bandages are still on.  She needs obedience training and introducing her to my existing dogs is a bit of a process.

Linda Blue's photo.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Congrats, Linda!

onemile

I've got my hand full.  On Wednesday, we adopted a dog from the local humane society. We were at the county animal control registering our rabies vaccinations for our two other dogs, when we saw her under the desk of the woman who was helping us. We were kind of looking for a dog anyway, and she was just such a sweetheart, we ended up taking her home. She had just been spayed that morning, so her bandages are still on.  She needs obedience training and introducing her to my existing dogs is a bit of a process.

Linda Blue's photo.

What a sweet face. I love black dogs.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

More rain and thunder and lightning very early this morning....as if those folks in the flooded areas don't have enough water already.  It cleared out from San Antonio area pretty quick and right now it's sunny and nice and pretty cool, with low humidity.  I did go to work this morning but not feeling so hot, so came back home....I think I wore myself out running 6 days in a row, something I have not done now for about 20 years...I think I threw my old body into shock, lol.

A friend of mine got a photo at the VFW on Wednesday night of a group of us sitting around relaxing and chatting post-run.  You can spot me easily because of the black brace on me knee.   And nice socks, huh? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Trail shakeout tonight.

8 easy.

Dave

Ric-G

happy Friday to all...probably nothing for me today...read some good stuff about race recovery that was helpful.

lrb - a beat and dancing...reminds me of a Nile Rodgers good book I read...he had a crazy childhood but overcame and was a helluva musician/producer too

cyber - enjoy the sun

baboon - cheer up!

D - supposedly Verizon just upgraded our internet home connection...glad yours was working

zel - have a good run

cjones - watch out!

blue - very nice

onemile - one of our dogs is jet black...kids just call her "black dog" and so do I...she is good looking.

scotty - glad the rain cleared a little and don't shock yourself anymore

B+ - enjoy it

dave - have a good 8

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

happy Friday to all...probably nothing for me today...read some good stuff about race recovery that was helpful.

lrb - a beat and dancing...reminds me of a Nile Rodgers good book I read...he had a crazy childhood but overcame and was a helluva musician/producer too

cyber - enjoy the sun

baboon - cheer up!

D - supposedly Verizon just upgraded our internet home connection...glad yours was working

zel - have a good run

cjones - watch out!

blue - very nice

onemile - one of our dogs is jet black...kids just call her "black dog" and so do I...she is good looking.

scotty - glad the rain cleared a little and don't shock yourself anymore

B+ - enjoy it

dave - have a good 8

Nice job on the personals. We have spoiled you rotten. lol

LRB

I've got my hand full.

Cool! I am poochless at the moment but am looking forward to someday having another.