Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES - From Here To Eternity (Read 185 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

If you like the DS-Trainer, you'd like the DS-Racer as well. Even lighter and more comfortable. But it's made smaller, so one must buy half a size bigger (I didn't know that when I ordered my regular size online. I can wear them comfortably, but my big toes are both bruised and I'm about to lose the left one. Again... sigh...)

Thanks for the tip!  Right now I use the Gel Tarther for real tempo efforts, but I wonder if something with just a touch of stability almost wouldn't   be better.  Back when I was in the DS-trainers I still had yet to rupture either PF.  I hope you meant you'd be losing just the nail, not the whole toe Smile  If not, I may skip the shoe lol

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Shakedown Street

8m easy, stretching and some minor core stuff.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

happylily

Thanks for the tip!  Right now I use the Gel Tarther for real tempo efforts, but I wonder if something with just a touch of stability almost wouldn't   be better.  Back when I was in the DS-trainers I still had yet to rupture either PF.  I hope you meant you'd be losing just the nail, not the whole toe Smile  If not, I may skip the shoe lol

Yes...lol. The toenail is what I meant.:-) I always make that mistake... lol... Just a touch of stability with the DS-Racers, that's exactly what you'll get.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Weezer88

Morning all!  I struggled through 5 slow miles this morning...around 10:00/mile.  My legs are just dead....working almost 70 hours this week is probably not helping!

Weezer:  DH said he saw someone coming out of North this morning in yellow shorts...I figured it must be you!!  I wore 2 pair of tights and 2 layers on top and was still a little cold.  What group do you run with?  I have thought about trying to find a group for occasional long runs!

That was me - I did need 2 shirts though.  It was only 28* but it got colder as I finished my run.

I'll send you a PM about the running group.

I AM WEEZER.

Nevrgivup

Back from my 3.6 mile run. My legs just wanted to go. Final is done! Yahoo! 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

B-Plus

+1 on the DSR. I have a pair, but I'm still trying to use up my miles on the Bandito (model prior to DSR8). I actually find the DSR9 a bit too cushy and prefer the stiffness of the Bandito.
              runmomto3boys

Recovery run: 8 in at 9:28 pace. I felt really crummy. I am hoping it's due to the 15 miler yesterday and not this nasty cold, but it's probably the latter.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sorry I have been MIA but it has been hectic.

5.1 miles today. I really need to invest in a good headlamp. I used one of those small headlight dohickeys but I think that only allowed cars to see me because I could see nothing with it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Lori, have you tried the knuckle lights? I was surprised they were so bright!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Lori, have you tried the knuckle lights? I was surprised they were so bright!

They are incredibly bright, Lori.  I love mine!

Docket_Rocket

They are incredibly bright, Lori.  I love mine!

The other day, I was carrying it on the same side of my Garmin.  I looked at my Garmin.  I was blinded, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I almost bought some Knuckle Lights today.  Hubby asked me to wait until after Christmas.  Hmm...

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, forgot to mention - Since tomorrow's volunteer work is on a trail, I decided (while Christmas shopping) to buy some new trail running shoes. New Balance 610's. Nuthing fancy, got them at Academy Sports. I'll wear them tomorrow on my non-run.

One can never have enough running shoes. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

DW gave me Knuckle Lights for Hanukkahnas. I've used them on two runs and got compliments from walkers both times. Plus they scared a dog, so bonus on that.

<3

B-Plus

AM - 3.2 @ 9:38

PM - 7.3 @ 8:22

The morning run makes all the difference!