Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Sunday PENGUINS (Read 24 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games.

It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning, sleepyheads!  6 miles on the TM later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm up, I'm up!  It's about 8:30 San Antonio time, the sun is up, the temp is a nice 53 degrees, the humidity is in the 30 percent range with a low dewpoint to accompany that...and I'm getting ready to head down to the San Antonio Riverwalk and get a few miles done under sunny blue skies.

I did a 5K at SeaWorld San Antonio yesterday morning.....because the course went through the park, I did get a bit 'camera carried away' and took LOTS of photos (about 100, I think).  Race report is here:   https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5deea4f965f14f29bb728f2da087596a/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Damaris, have a good run later.

Scotty, of to see the RR.

Maybe some easy miles later. Off to church.

PADRunner

Morning, working today, some miles later when I get off.

GinnyinPA

Definitely sleepy here.  Cold and wet, so I'll do some miles on the TM later. I don't go out in 'wintry mix' if I can help it.

D - enjoy your six later.  Are you getting rain as well, or is it hot?

Scotty - sounds like a lovely day there. Enjoy your run on the Riverwalk.  Should be a lot of people out on a nice day.

PAD - you work on Sunday morning?  Hope you have a good run later.

Mitch - hope you have a good run too, whatever you do.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I ran a nice and easy 4.4 miles this morning. Nice.  No work tomorrow so who knows what tonight will bring? Probably nothing...

Have a nice day.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, yesterday it was hot and cloudy with rain coming down in the evening.  Today it's just hot.  However bad the sun is, yesterday was 87F and 75 dewpoint without the sun, so sometimes I feel the sun cools things down a bit dewpointwise.

Ended up with 6 miles on the TM with hills every 0.50 miles and the last 0.25 @ GMP.  Tough workout but done.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wanted to walk again today, but I think yesterday's 1 hour walk set my knee back a bit.   4 days to OS appointment (fingers and knees crossed).

Docket_Rocket

Wanted to walk again today, but I think yesterday's 1 hour walk set my knee back a bit.   4 days to OS appointment (fingers and knees crossed).

Ugh. Fingers crossed.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Definitely a lazy Sunday morning for me, but finally got moving for some cross-training at the gym.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ended up with 4 miles on the Riverwalk.  It was a beautiful day along the river, sunny, low temp (62 degrees when I started at 9 a.m.), low humidity and a gentle breeze blowing which felt great when I ran into it head on.  Sunday is a great day to run the Riverwalk because it is very peaceful in the morning, most of the 'tourists" sleep in late and the place does not get really busy until about lunchtime.  There were a few folks up early eating breakfast at some of the river patio restaurants I passed by on my run/walk.  The back half of the run near King William District was a bit crowded though, because I forgot the last Sunday of the month in San Antonio is Siclovia Day (Sick-low-vee-ah).  This is a day once a month when the city closes one of the city streets to all motor vehicle for quite a ways and lets people come out and walk, bike, hike, run, rollerblade, etc. on the closed street.  It's part of the city's program to get more people to engage in some type of physical activity to promote health and wellness. The street today was St. Mary's Street downtown and as that is quite close to the Riverwalk, there was some 'overflow" pedestrian traffic from Siclovia onto part of the Riverwalk.  But that's okay, it was all good, my outing was very enjoyable.  Lots of runners out too - some who recognized me from races and I got calls of "Go Scottydog!" lol - and my last mile I encountered a friend  who was doing his last mile too and had a very nice time chatting with him as we ran our last mile together.    After we finished, we sat on the patio of Blue Star Brewery - a local microbrewery that makes a really good lager - and had a cold one - so what if it was only 10 am.? ) -  cooling down, enjoying the sunshine and the river in front of us, and watching the other runners, walkers, and cyclists still out there.  Nice way to finish up!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

3.4 today to hit my mileage target for the week.  Got out before the rain and hail, so win!  Legs are super tired, though.

D- Nice hilly miles!

Scotty- The Siclovia day sounds like a great idea.  It seems like there's a lot of ways they're encouraging people to be active down there.  Always fun to be recognized when you're out, too!

Mitch- Race week, yay! Smile

PAD- Hope the work day goes smoothly and you enjoy your run later.

Ginny- Enjoy the TM run.

Jack- Hope you find something fun to do for your extra Sat. night.  For me it's back to work in the AM.  Boo!

Jerry- Will be crossing fingers and knees for you too.

Margo- Good job on the XT!

Docket_Rocket

11.58 miles on the bike with hubby.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

11 on the bike, then 3 easy with Bella.