Beginners and Beyond

May the 4th be with the Wednesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Track workout after work today.

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

May the Fourth be with you!

Still feeling blah with this asthma congestion.  Might run just to get it the fuck out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning Penguins!!  Man, I need to go back and play that Lego video game again!!  Anyway, I slept poorly last night, but today I'm scrambling on all of yesterday's leftover tasks, and quartet rehearsal tonight!!  DH is taking Dusty to get his stitches out, woo-hoo!!

PAD -- have a good track workout!!

Baboon -- Love it!!

Docket -- hope the run bounces it all out of your nose and chest!!  (EWWWW!!!!   )

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'm drinking some tea and then I'll head out for a run.  I'm hoping for 7 miles, but I'm playing it by feel because I've been having some intermittent issues with my left leg.  It isn't always there and it doesn't seem to be joint or bone based, just some weird muscle pain.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Your left leg isn't always there?? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jill - what part of the leg?  I've been having some adductor issues lately, but yesterday it switched legs.  Say what? I hope you get a good run.

Damaris - I hope you're able to run out the congestion.  Does steam heat help or hurt?

PAD - good luck with the group track workout tonight.

HopesMom - good luck getting your tasks done.  Any word from the insurance company?

AFM:  We walked Ben in the rain this morning. I'm hoping it will stop sometime this afternoon so I can run outdoors.  If not, I may take a rest day and do some yoga instead.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jill - what part of the leg?  I've been having some adductor issues lately, but yesterday it switched legs.  Say what? I hope you get a good run.

Usually the hamstring but sometimes the quad.  It is very strange.  I would up with 5.52 miles... .52 outside before I realized I'd under dressed so I went inside and did 5 more on the treadmill.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)