Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: WTF? (Read 45 times)

LRB

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Of course.

From the Internet.

Running is stupid. I rolled my dumb ass out of bed at 4:15 AM to get in 15 miles this morning. They were nice miles, but unfortunately now I have to go to work on what is scientifically proven to be the longest day of the week while SOOOO TIRED! ESU, shower, packing loads of snacks to take to work with me.

delicate flower

Good morning!  I am happy to report that I have no meetings today.  I did my first triathlon last night, which wraps up three races in seven days.  I'm tired.  7 easy miles planned after work.

Here is a Copy McPastie recap I posted in L&O last night:

I did ok!  I really didn't think they'd get that race in with severe storms on the way, but they managed to.  Very warm and muggy night made breathing difficult.  It went pretty much as I expected.  450 yard swim, 5 mile mountain bike, 2.9 mile trail run.  There were 101 finishers.

Swim:  Swimming is new to me.  I survived.  I went easy and just wanted to get through without issue.  I really had no problem with it.  I got nudged, I got kicked, I kicked someone good (oops), but I didn't miss a beat.  It took me 10:47, which includes a 100 yard run to transition.  My biggest accomplishment of this race is that I was faster than 25 people on the swim.  I'll only get faster.

Bike:  Went out too fast and felt my heart rate and breathing pick up way too much.  I settled down though.  Being a former MTB enthusiast, bike handling skills served me well.  I passed a few people even though I am very rusty on the mountain bike. Took me 28:35.

Run:  I am a runner.  I passed 17 people.  Yes, I counted.  I was tired, but I pushed through.  I ran the last mile with nobody around me...totally alone.  Finished the run in 24:15.  Slow for me, but it's a triathlon run.

Time was 1:06:01.

46/101 OA

6/14 AG (very pleased with this)

That was fun!  It's a 10 race point series.  I am signed up for four more.

<3

Little Blue

Good morning peoples!  I am going to head out for a few miles, but it will be unfun.  I stuck my head out to let the dog out.  It's 78 degrees and feels like breathing through a wet blanket.  Blech.

Baboon, that sounds like fun.  I neither swim nor bike well, so I might be a bit handicapped.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

3.1 breathing through Saran Wrap.  With a horse fly orbiting my head.

cjones1

5.5 miles easy this morning.  It was actually below 70 degrees.  It was almost pleasant.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

B-Plus

Heading out for 4.

LRB

3.1 breathing through Saran Wrap.  With a horse fly orbiting my head.

That is funny. That's not funny.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Phil!

4.25ish with several hill repeats this morning - my first hill workout since before I got hurt in December. I only did about half of what the rest of the group did.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Congrats, Phil!

4.25ish with several hill repeats this morning - my first hill workout since before I got hurt in December. I only did about half of what the rest of the group did.

You're still ahead of me; I never (intentionally) do hill workouts, and I haven't even had knee surgery (yet).

In fact I'm so tired reading this, I'm gonna take a rest day today.

Dave

LRB

Congrats, Phil!

Are you back home?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but looking at next week's weather has me hoping it's true..... highs will only reach the mid 80's, even if it's just a few days' break from the humid crap, I will appreciate it so much.

Anyways, this morning I got in 5.3 miles with an easy and slow pace, it was 70 degrees and 88% humid but not really bad at all, DP (heehee) was only around 60.

Then it was off to the gym for Biceps, Triceps and Chest Day.

Standing Barbell Curls: 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX10reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps
                            Modular Triceps Pull Down: 50lbsX10reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX9reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX15reps
                            Loaded Plate Chest Press: 80lbsX12reps, 90lbsX8reps, 80lbsX12reps, 90lbsX9reps, 80lbsX12reps, 90lbsX9reps
                            Cable Hammer Curls: 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 50lbsX8reps
                            Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps
                            Fly Delt: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
                            Torso Rotation: 4 sets / 10 reps / 75 lbs

I am going to have to figure something out once my marathon training starts (July 7), because I will most likely not be able to keep up with my weight lifting as it is now once I get up in higher mileage. I'm thinking I will mix it up with 3 workout logs that are whole body exercises but mixed up.... and I might have to cut back from 6 days a week to 4 or 5 ... but we will just have to see.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Today is our national holiday, I have a day off. Going for a medium LR, then off to friends for a BBQ. Looks like a gorgeous day for that. Then tomorrow I'm off for two weeks on vacation.

Have a great day, everyone and bonne St-Jean, Cy!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I am going to have to figure something out once my marathon training starts (July 7), because I will most likely not be able to keep up with my weight lifting as it is now once I get up in higher mileage.

Will this mean you won't be posting strength workouts as much anymore?  That makes me sad.

If you know like I know, you will be lucky to get in one day of strength training during MRT let alone three.