Beginners and Beyond

Thought That The SUNDAILIES Were In Your Imagination, Huh? (Read 180 times)

Weezer88

Smile 

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

Cool Getting ready for the first run of the day and it's warmed up considerably since yesterday - mid 50's.  That makes it shorts and short sleeve weather for me.

Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Off to Parkland to run.  We'll see how it goes.  I already have a migraine, woohoo! Disapprove

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies. I was planning on a 10 mile run today, but it looks like rain may be setting in for the day. Maybe I'll get a few miles on the treadmill instead.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good morning, everyone! Weezer, enjoy your run in the beautiful weather. Damaris, oy, I hope you feel well soon. Tom, may the rain hold off until you're done with your run. I'm waiting for water I've boiled to cool, so I can rinse my sinuses. At around 7:30, I'll head out for 17.0 miles. I'm nervous. 17.0 would be a new distance PR for me. IthinkIcanIthinkIcanIthinkIcanIthinkIcan...
            kitteh

Good luck Basya! 17 miles is serious business. That's nearly 10k more than I have ever run, so I'm duly impressed. I plan to head out later for 9 or 10 miles with a local running group. I've been having ongoing hip/glute tightness so I'm hoping that doesn't act up and cut my run short.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, basya. Good luck with the 17. Morning, kitteh. I should've just stayed in bed, bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Good morning, Dailies!  I'm still on a high from yesterday, LOL!  I just wrapped up 5 miles at a comfortable 11:34 average pace.  It was a tough run, and I was only going to do 4, but I went too far and didn't feel like walking home.

D, I hope you get your migraine figured out soon.

BS, good luck on your 17!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Kay, they are just annoying. It's mostly during certain times of the month, and also before races. I suspect stress is a factor.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Kay, they are just annoying. It's mostly during certain times of the month, and also before races. I suspect stress is a factor.

I'm messaging you about this.

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Off early to get in 6 miles plus 6x8sec hill sprints before spending the day with family. Have a good one everybody.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

delicate flower

What up, People of the Internet! Heading home from Vermont today...too crappy to ski again. Hoping to run 5-7 easy later. Bye!

<3

Docket_Rocket

2+ minute PR. Hot, humid, and partly uphill. I'll take it. Kay, I'll read when I get home, thx.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

2+ minute PR. Hot, humid, and partly uphill. I'll take it. Kay, I'll read when I get home, thx.

Awesome!

Do you even run?