Beginners and Beyond

Thought That The SUNDAILIES Were In Your Imagination, Huh? (Read 180 times)

Hi dailies:

D - hope the migraine stops bugging you

Basya - your training is looking so good, congrats on the major progress

Lilac - thanks for the reminder about The Hobbit - I really need to make time to go see it.

LRB - +1 on the character building

seeAmy - nice distance

AmiK - aw, that sucks about the ITBS, hope you can get it under control

B+ - great weekly mileage

Flippy - nice work on keeping the streak alive

Double today -  3.1 at 5:34 pace, then a nap, then 14.8 at 7:29 pace.  Beautiful day for running, but it's a little disconcerting that winter doesn't seem to happen any more.  Over a dozen deer were my audience as dusk fell Smile

B-Plus

DR - Hope you feel better soon. I would have stayed in bed this morning.

Flippy - Great job keeping the streak alive.

Shirfan - Great job on the race. I think you've already been sub-17 before though, right? 

Shirfan - Great job on the race. I think you've already been sub-17 before though, right? 

Thanks - plenty of sub 18's, but never sub 17. 

runmomto3boys

What a rough weekend for me.  Flu last weekend, and now a head cold that WON'T QUIT this weekend.  Cue the violin.  I had to hit Legoland w/the kids this AM and then the plan was to attempt 20 or close to it tonight.  I am just too sick - all head cold stuff, but it is bad.  Since training starts tomorrow (well sort of - 4 year old's Christmas concert is tomorrow night), I am hoping to get healthy by cutting the run.  I am really frustrated with all this sickness stuff.  I have a date w/some Nyquil tonight (redux) and I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll feel better.  I REALLY want to nail my runs/mileage this cycle and start off on the right foot.

Docket_Rocket

Heidi, take care of that cold first.  You're already doing mileage that some of us will never do.  If you need to rest during this first week, do so.  It won't kill your chances, trust me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Can you send me a sixpack while you're at it?

Sorry, I can only provide a four-pack or an eight-pack. When I drink beer, I drink Guinness.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, I can only provide a four-pack or an eight-pack. When I drink beer, I drink Guinness.

Anything is better so long as they look awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And send the Guinness too! Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page