Beginners and Beyond

FWIW: FriDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

'Sup, yo.

There is a system of green blobbery blowing up from the south that can be described in one word; ugly. So Imma head north and try to beat it. Once there, if it's too icy out from the crap that fell overnight, I'll hop on the belt.

'Sup, yo?

Cyberic

Legs are tired. Will run an easy 4 - 4.5 at lunch and maybe another 1.5 running back from a doctor' s appointment  in the afternoon.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6 miles of goodness.  The running parts felt good, and I liked it.

Have a kickass day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Massage therapist appointment and maybe weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

It is FRIDAY and I suggest you all act like it!  I rolled out of bed for a run before sunrise.  5.4 miles at an easy effort except for the 1 mile/220' hill.  I've had a bunch of hard workouts this week so it felt good to take it easy today.

I finally got around to dropping that 10 extra pounds I've been carrying since my post-Ironman gluttony and weighed in 152 pounds this morning.  It took about six weeks to lose it and all I did was cut way back (though not entirely) on eating crap. Also, some work stress helped make it easier.  Heh.

<3

LRB

I finally got around to dropping that 10 extra pounds I've been carrying since my post-Ironman gluttony and weighed in 152 pounds this morning.  It took about six weeks to lose it and all I did was cut way back (though not entirely) on eating crap. Also, some work stress helped make it easier.  Heh.

This is great.

I'm also in a six week cut having abstained from alcohol entirely since the 2nd. I'll hop on the scale the morning of February 16th (we have a company outing that night) and will reassess at that time.

4. HM tomorrow. Still a fat pig, I don't bother weighing myself.

Dave

onemile

Ooh. What's the weather looking like and how are you feeling about running a nice PR?

LRB

Aw shit. Cool

LRB

I felt like crap again early during my run (dead-legged with even a slower first mile than yesterday geezus!) so I hung a left at the 2 mile mark of my square to run 5. Funny thing though is I felt better when I got back to my car so I kept going and ran 7.

Ooh. What's the weather looking like and how are you feeling about running a nice PR?

Funny, it's actually called "The Rain Run", because there's a high probability this time of year. And it has been raining most of the week. But it is expected to be clear in the morning, and 38-40 degrees during the race. So not too bad.

Hoping for something like 1:36, current PR is 1:36:46. I feel sort of OK about my chances. Really I would like 1:35, but don't feel I'm there. I know you always think I can run faster HMs than I really can.

Dave

onemile

Funny, it's actually called "The Rain Run", because there's a high probability this time of year. And it has been raining most of the week. But it is expected to be clear in the morning, and 38-40 degrees during the race. So not too bad.

Hoping for something like 1:36, current PR is 1:36:46. I feel sort of OK about my chances. Really I would like 1:35, but don't feel I'm there. I know you always think I can run faster HMs than I really can.

Good luck! I hope you surprise yourself.

onemile

I felt like crap again early during my run (dead-legged with even a slower first mile than yesterday geezus!) so I hung a left at the 2 mile mark of my square to run 5. Funny thing though is I felt better when I got back to my car so I kept going and ran 7.

You've been holding pretty steady mileage this week and last

LRB

You've been holding pretty steady mileage this week and last

I hate that I missed a chance to stink up the joint race on NYE, but taking time off in December and again in July is not the worst thing ever. It's something I've come to embrace over the years so I don't get too down about it when it's due to an injury. I view it as an opportunity to rest and recharge.

LRB

It's too frickin' long to type, but there is this ongoing joke my Yoga Master has with me about her running marathons. Basically, she unwittingly pointed out to the class that we (meaning myself) only run marathons during odd years. While I did attempt to run a marathon in 2015 (the result of which was a DNF), she's right; I ran 2 in 2012, 1 in 2014 and 2 in 2016. That's it.