Beginners and Beyond

SaturDailies (Read 33 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Six mostly easy after the one mile hill climb.  Hot this morning.  Well, hot for what I've been accustomed to.  By August, I'm sure this will feel nice.  I lifted a turtle off the street, where it was stuck against the curb, and put it on the grass.  As I ran on, I recalled reading that turtles carry salmonella....

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights tonight.  Maybe outside if the storm continues dumping water on us, but even now and with it, it's super humid.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Six mostly easy after the one mile hill climb.  Hot this morning.  Well, hot for what I've been accustomed to.  By August, I'm sure this will feel nice.  I lifted a turtle off the street, where it was stuck against the curb, and put it on the grass.  As I ran on, I recalled reading that turtles carry salmonella....

Hilarious! Meanwhile, the turtle is in disbelief that he didn't become the main ingredient in a soup. lol

onemile

I ran 5. An old lady walking by my house told me to run for her. I said okay 

LRB

I ran 5. An old lady walking by my house told me to run for her. I said okay 

I wish you could run for me, my legs are toast.

onemile

Oh and this is my return to morning running for summer. Not terrible .

onemile

I wish you could run for me, my legs are toast.

I am finally feeling normal after some terrible jetlag!

delicate flower

'Morning!  Wife was out the door at 6:30 this morning for her bike ride and FTS.  I rolled out of bed an hour later and just got back from my 25 mile bike/2 mile run workout.  Nice and easy all the way around.  It's warm out, which made for a very nice ride but an uncomfortable run.  Wife should be back any time now and I think we'll need to go acquire pancakes when she gets back.

<3

LRB

Excellent. It'll be time to hop in the saddle soon, if not already! 🐎

onemile

Excellent. It'll be time to hop in the saddle soon, if not already! 🐎

I'm giving myself this week to ease into it

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 73 hilly miles.  I went out in BFE, and snagged a neat picture.  Have you guys ever seen a Post Office like this? Yep, that's a porta potty and hand sink that are bolted to the concrete.  It doesn't seem to be a temporary thing.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!

I rode 73 hilly miles.  I went out in BFE, and snagged a neat picture.  Have you guys ever seen a Post Office like this? Yep, that's a porta potty and hand sink that are bolted to the concrete.  It doesn't seem to be a temporary thing.

I have never seen a USPS office that tiny either.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Good morning!

That's awesome!

Cyberic

Ran 10 with a few hills. There's something tiring about running.