Beginners and Beyond

"HEY, RUNNING MAN!" ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Registration for the big race opens up next week. Here's hoping that the peeps with times that are on the fence get in!

I've been worrying about this for weeks. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

A lot of people do.

LRB

I'm out. If anyone wants my hotel res, if I can switch it, it's yours

I had a great time there. Loved everything except my race. I wouldn't mind going back and experiencing it all again some day.

onemile

I had a great time there.I wouldn't mind going back and experiencing it all again some day, if it wasn't so expensive and I didn't have to train for it

onemile

A lot of people do.

You have no reason to worry

Eta meant that for bluerun

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.3 miles easy around the campus yesterday.    Weather was pretty sweet for Texas in September.  Some cooler air pushing in from north of us, so very low humidity for the next couple of day.

Running after work today at Fort Sam Houston.  Flat and easy - my legs are still a tad sore from the giant hills I  climbed on on Labor Day at the Whine Run 5-miler.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Don't you have a BQ-5 and change?

In fact I have not been worrying at all, because I've convinced myself I'm not getting in with a BQ-1:25. If there's some miracle, it'll be a nice surprise. Although in that case I'd be a little sad that onemile is not going. And, heh, I also have a hotel I probably won't be needing. 

Dave

You don't look very happy 

I can't imagine why.

Dave

I had a great time there. Loved everything except my race. I wouldn't mind going back and experiencing it all again some day.

You have to actually run another marathon first, if I read the rules correctly. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Don't you have a BQ-5 and change?

In fact I have not been worrying at all, because I've convinced myself I'm not getting in with a BQ-1:25. If there's some miracle, it'll be a nice surprise. Although in that case I'd be a little sad that onemile is not going. And, heh, I also have a hotel I probably won't be needing. 

Yes, but I'm convinced that if there would be a year with a 6-minute cutoff, it would be this year.  And I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to qualify again because that would mean running another marathon.

More likely: I'm worrying about this because it's less stressful than worrying about how I'm going to make it to the start line without falling apart.

Why do you all have hotels already?!  I think I might have a problem...

chasing the impossible

LRB

You have to actually run another marathon first, if I read the rules correctly. 

Damn. The thought was fun while it lasted. lol

I could see it though. Not having any races this year has rekindled my desire to train. Something I had lost and wasn't sure I would ever get back.

onemile

Why do you all have hotels already?!  I think I might have a problem...

You get a much better price if you book your hotel about a year in advance. And there's no cancellation fee. So why not.

onemile

Not having any races this year has rekindled my desire to train. 

Starting this week?  

bluerun

Super B****

You get a much better price if you book your hotel about a year in advance. And there's no cancellation fee. So why not.

Oh well, maybe I'll just camp out under a bridge or something.

chasing the impossible

Oh well, maybe I'll just camp out under a bridge or something.

It's $400/night for that.

Dave