Beginners and Beyond

"HEY, RUNNING MAN!" ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It's $400/night for that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Registration for the big race opens up next week. Here's hoping that the peeps with times that are on the fence get in!

Or power. I have friends in FL that are supposed to register the first day and are afraid to miss it.

Damaris

No more marathons

Yes, but I'm convinced that if there would be a year with a 6-minute cutoff, it would be this year.  And I really, really, REALLY don't want to have to qualify again because that would mean running another marathon.

More likely: I'm worrying about this because it's less stressful than worrying about how I'm going to make it to the start line without falling apart.

Why do you all have hotels already?!  I think I might have a problem...

In the top 54 marathon qualifiers this year, the number of BQ's is down from last year by about 1,700 - or less than 1%.

Number of spots is announced at 30,000 and it's likely that the number for qualified will stay at the 23,000 level.

Depending on demand, the current cutoff estimates are from 1 to 1.5 minutes.

You're in.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

I had a great time there. Loved everything except my race. I wouldn't mind going back and experiencing it all again some day.

As this is the time for the big question, I think I'm going to skip this year again. Been there, done that, got the (long sleeves) t-shirt.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My 15 went really well.

Damaris

Cyberic

I still think that if someone has a chance, at least do Boston once. It's really nice and expensive Smile

Brought my stuff to run at lunch today, but decided to skip it and take a RD, thus breaking a 21 days streak. I think I need the rest more than I need the run.

Cyberic

Just for the kicks I checked how much getting a hotel during the Philadelphia marathon would cost me. Did not search much, just clicked on the link provided on the marathon's web site. Between $200-240/night.

Cyberic

It's the Colonnade. I booked it Saturday thru Tuesday @ $318 per night.

And that is a good price.

GinnyinPA

It's still more than I'm willing to pay. I have a B&B reserved in Cambridge. Not ideal, but it was under $200. Going up the stairs after the race may get interesting ;-)

Cyberic

It's still more than I'm willing to pay. I have a B&B reserved in Cambridge. Not ideal, but it was under $200. Going up the stairs after the race may get interesting ;-)

I had a AirB&B in Somerville. Less than $100/day. It was not luxurious, though. The woman did not appreciate the apartment much.

LRB

Starting this week?  

At 18 miles, I've run more in three days this week than I have since the week of August 7.

It's cool though. I've got quite a bit going on personally so I'm just hanging in there for now.

LRB

I loved Cambridge. I stayed at the Marriott there. It was wonderful. With the subway system, you're five minutes away from Boston Commons. Literally. You're taking the same train as everyone else, you're just on it two or three stops before them going to the expo, and two or three stops after them coming from it. You won't miss a beat.

In the top 54 marathon qualifiers this year, the number of BQ's is down from last year by about 1,700 - or less than 1%.

Number of spots is announced at 30,000 and it's likely that the number for qualified will stay at the 23,000 level.

Depending on demand, the current cutoff estimates are from 1 to 1.5 minutes.

You just got me a little excited there. But not too excited. Because I recall last year someone did some kind of in-depth analysis to determine there would be no cutoff. And it ended up being >2 min.

Dave

No more marathons

You just got me a little excited there. But not too excited. Because I recall last year someone did some kind of in-depth analysis to determine there would be no cutoff. And it ended up being >2 min.

Yeah, the big unknown is the demand by those that have a BQ.  The analysis I saw had it listed at low, medium, and high - and the high demand yielded the 1.5 minute cutoff.  Of course, the BAA can also make a big difference when they decide exactly how many of the 30,000 spots will go to time qualifiers.

My goal when I went for my BQ was to make sure I was in the BQ-5 range.  I felt pretty comfortable with that.  And DS with his BQ-20 had no worries.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.5 with 7 x 2 minutes hard, 1 minute recovery. 2 minutes when it's uphill feels like forever.