Beginners and Beyond

"HEY, RUNNING MAN!" ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Yeah, the big unknown is the demand by those that have a BQ.  The analysis I saw had it listed at low, medium, and high - and the high demand yielded the 1.5 minute cutoff.  Of course, the BAA can also make a big difference when they decide exactly how many of the 30,000 spots will go to time qualifiers.

I have no real idea, but it's hard to imagine it going backwards. People no longer have the goal of "just BQ", they're targeting at least 2-3 min faster, so more of them are likely to hit it. Who knows. I feel uncomfortable even saying I ran a BQ (twice), because just meeting the standard doesn't feel like it.

Dave

Cyberic

You just got me a little excited there. But not too excited. Because I recall last year someone did some kind of in-depth analysis to determine there would be no cutoff. And it ended up being >2 min.

Yep. I remember last year was exactly that. Some analysis about the temperatures being high in the major marathons, including Boston itself, yielding less BQers in each was going to lower the cutoff to near nothing to fill the 30,000 spots. NOT.

Yep. I remember last year was exactly that. Some analysis about the temperatures being high in the major marathons, including Boston itself, yielding less BQers in each was going to lower the cutoff to near nothing to fill the 30,000 spots. NOT.

I just need to force myself to avoid opening the yearly Boston threads, until I know they actually pertain to me.

Dave

Cyberic

I wish I could monetize BQ minutes, like sell them to people. 100 bucks a minute Smile

delicate flower

Yada yada yada I averaged 21.2 mph on my bike workout this afternoon...my fastest ride ever by almost a full mile per hour.  Not sure what's going on here.

<3

I wish I could monetize BQ minutes, like sell them to people. 100 bucks a minute Smile

I'd pay. US or Canadian?

Dave

We get the registration scraps starting Sept 18.  If I do get in, it'll be a day trip for me.  I've driven further for day trip races.

So, I know it's open for us from the 9/18 through 9/20. When do we actually find out when the cutoff is?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I need like 80 minutes, so nope.

delicate flower

So, I know it's open for us from the 9/18 through 9/20. When do we actually find out when the cutoff is?

Either your credit card will get charged or you'll get an e-mail from BAA.  I've read the confirmation could take up to three weeks.

<3

onemile

I have 24 to sell 

onemile

I think it took nearly a week. Or it felt like it.

LRB

6.5 with 7 x 2 minutes hard, 1 minute recovery. 2 minutes when it's uphill feels like forever.

Truth.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, looks like a lot of my teammates are going to Boston so we may all get a house.  Much better than a hotel!  But first I have to get in... targeting BQ-5 was supposed to keep me from fretting.  It's not.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I have 24 to sell 

You could pay for your whole marathon weekend and still have enough minutes to make the cutoff!

I don't remember how long it took to get an answer. I'd say a good week, from memory.

Cyberic

I'd pay. US or Canadian?

For you, 200 USD for 3 minutes! Deal of the century!