Beginners and Beyond

Two Course WednesDAILIES (Read 49 times)

LRB

What up doe.

No really, what do you have up today?

Guten Morgen, y'all.

I did 7.0 miles on the TM in 1:03:15. 9:02 pace. I don't know how that happened.

Cyberic

Easy running. ~ 5 miles.

Morning Basya and LRB.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is my "Friday"  I have the next two days off, making for a long weekend, to get out and have some Fiesta fun, yeah!

Sluggish run yesterday.   I went at lunch-time since our computer techs came in and were working on some lines and accidentally knocked all our power out for a while.  So I went to the university gym for a rare lunch-time run.  Uggg, not a great outing.  Really hadn't hydrated that well, it was also very humid - really dead air - and I was very sluggish.   Did the Diploma Dash 5K route and it took me about 35 minutes...usually do that route in about 32 minutes.   Well, today I am back on 'regular' schedule, so will do a run/walk after work as usual.  Hopefully it will go a lot better than yesterday's.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Hello!!!

Basya, nice job on that treadmill butt kicking!

Scotty, bad runs happen.  I am guessing today will be back to your old self.  Smile

I've got a 30 minute recovery run to do today.  Last night I tagged along with DW to the pool.  I had planned to do 1000 yards but I was cramping like a mofo in my feet and calves.  My right calf just seized up.  As much as tried to rest and work the cramps out, they came back as soon as I got back in the water.  So, I quit about halfway through and sat in the hot tub while DW finished her swim.  My calf is still a little achy today but it'll be fine.  No more pool until after my marathon.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

75 minutes on the stationary bike. Some PT exercises done; more to do later.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

Hello!!!

Scotty, bad runs happen.  I am guessing today will be back to your old self.  Smile

I've got a 30 minute recovery run to do today.  Last night I tagged along with DW to the pool.  I had planned to do 1000 yards but I was cramping like a mofo in my feet and calves.  My right calf just seized up.  As much as tried to rest and work the cramps out, they came back as soon as I got back in the water.  So, I quit about halfway through and sat in the hot tub while DW finished her swim.  My calf is still a little achy today but it'll be fine.  No more pool until after my marathon.

See, I told you, swimming is bad for you.

From the Internet.

Baboon - that happened to me all the time when I was trying to swim semi-regularly D: I'm sure it would be even worse now since I haven't been in the pool in a year.

Scotty - hope today's run is better!

Nice miles Basya and Cyberic, and nice job on the bike and PT exercises Step!

Working from home today, kid has April vacation this week. I'll be heading over to track practice with my club later - planning to get in ~7-8 miles total.

cjones1

No run today.  I'll do a quick run in the morning and that'll be it before the race on Saturday.  The forecast looks pretty crappy. At race time, it looks like high 30's with rain, 15mph winds and a "feels like" of 27.  Ok, then.  Of course, Friday and Sunday are both mid 50's and sunny.

Repeat after me:

I trained in weather like this

I trained in weather like this

I trained in weather like this Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Docket_Rocket

Yo. I have Pulates and maybe an RD or 6 miles depending on what time I get out of my deposition today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

cjones - at least you did train in weather like that.  I haven't done any long runs in the rain.  That's what the TM is for, right?  In retrospect, it wasn't the smartest thing to do.  I had the same issue for my March HM.  It wasn't rainy, but it was about10 degrees colder than I had ever run  before.  Fortunately, the forecast for Sunday's race has improved again.

Zelanie

cjones, that is my least favorite weather to run in.  Good luck!

Last night I dropped in on my friend's Hansons strength workout.  I had to make a couple unscheduled stops, so I ended up with 5 quality miles to her 6.  11 total on the day.  10 tonight.

cjones1

cjones - at least you did train in weather like that.  I haven't done any long runs in the rain.  That's what the TM is for, right?  In retrospect, it wasn't the smartest thing to do.  I had the same issue for my March HM.  It wasn't rainy, but it was about10 degrees colder than I had ever run  before.  Fortunately, the forecast for Sunday's race has improved again.

I can deal with the cold without issue.  I ran plenty race pace runs and long runs in temps down in the single digits.  I ran a few runs in the rain, but nothing really bad, so hopefully it's pretty light. 

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Sheeit, you killed that race. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello!!!

My body probably slowed me down on purpose, lol, knowing that it has 3 races coming up this weekend.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt