Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yo.

I didn't feel like getting up early enough to run, so I didn't.

What's up?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And I had to get up earlier than normal to drop off my car for servicing and run home from there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Hello Friday people say HEY-OH!!  Here's a crazy idea:  WAKE UP.

Well I finally rolled my fat ass out of bed for a swim this morning.  I skipped the masters workout and just did my own thing, which included one mile non-stop.  My ribs felt just ok...definitely still aching.  The guy in the lane next to me is a competitive swimmer and was flying.  It's like I was standing still.  I'm watching him like "How the hell is he swimming so fast??"

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  PT and 4 for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 miles in the heat.  It was 60F at daybreak.  I'm glad it was windy, or it would have been uncomfortable.  I'm sure glad I don't live in MiamiSmile.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

LOL, I have yet to see 60F down here this Winter.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I ran 7, and then took out all the trash and recycling and showered and ate breakfast and now it's been 2 more hours and I've done nothing. Solid vacation day. I will take a nap at some point.

Sunday long run week followed by Saturday long run week means my rolling 7 day total will be almost 80 miles after I run tomorrow! Peaking at 70ish is feeling less scary every day. Will almost be there after recovery miles on Sunday, as a matter of fact.

Dave

delicate flower

'Bout time you ran something.

<3

'Bout time you ran something.

IK,R? What a lazy motherfucker.

The achilles has been feeling a bit better, but I knew if I wanted to test it, I'd have to at least put down a 10-spot. It's definitely not at 100%, but seemed to pass the test well enough. I guess any kind of sustained mileage will be the real test.

It's now 10 weeks till my originally scheduled marathon (not officially registered), and I'm kind of nowhere. Thinking I may need to bag it. Not to mention the HM I was originally planning on doing a week from now.

Dave

LRB

It's now 10 weeks till my originally scheduled marathon (not officially registered), and I'm kind of nowhere. Thinking I may need to bag it. Not to mention the HM I was originally planning on doing a week from now.

Pretty much ditto for me for a 10k and half marathon next month. And things were just starting to crank up. Blah. 

Docket_Rocket

Glad the Achilles feels better, Dave.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Pretty much ditto for me for a 10k and half marathon next month. And things were just starting to crank up. Blah. 

Yeah, I had all kinds of yuge plans. Last couple weeks I've been deleting all my race emails without even looking at them.

Maybe 10 weeks is enough to train, but I don't feel very good about it. Especially considering I have a shit-ton of travel in March that could make getting in all the serious workouts tough.

Dave

LRB

The engineer who was killed in Kansas worked at Garmin. Not that it matters but you just never know who the hell people are when you go around targeting someone because of their looks.

LRB

Yeah, I had all kinds of yuge plans. Last couple weeks I've been deleting all my race emails without even looking at them.

Maybe 10 weeks is enough to train, but I don't feel very good about it. Especially considering I have a shit-ton of travel in March that could make getting in all the serious workouts tough.

10 weeks would be fine if you didn't have two weeks of diddly, squat and poo mixed in there.