Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's shrinking Penguin population! (Read 74 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

4-8 inches of snow today for this penguin.  I ran a few outdoors last night in case the roads turn bad for tonight's run.  I'll do what I have to.

Where are our missing penguins?  Corallie, Doc, Kara, etc?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles tonight.

Coralie has not been on in a while, right?  Hope she is doing well.

I see Doc and Kara in FB.  Doc has been in and out of the forums for a while.  I have not seen Kara here for ages.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Haven't seen bradys too.

8M with 4X1200 @ 8:15 in between.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Missing steph too

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Damaris - This facebook thing is killing us.  It must be stopped.

Bin - How did I just notice your race schedule?  Are you going to become a half fanatic?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Awood - I've noticed it also.  People headed back to RWOL?  I haven't checked in over there in ages.  Good luck with the snow tonight.  I'm hoping it misses us.

Damaris - have a great 11 miler.

Bin - enjoy the intervals.

AFM - I hit the ground running today.  Lots of things to catch up on at work.  Washer/dryer shopping turned into quite the adventure yesterday.  We found a nice set, got them home, then realized they both were an inch too wide to get into the laundry room.  LOL  I had to take the entire door jam off.  Then I was laying across the basin counter with my feet on the bottom side of the cabinets as leverage as I hung upside down trying to get the dry vent to stay on.  Let's call it a XT day, heavy on the core.  What I thought might take 30 minutes ended up closer to 2 hours before it was all said and done.  I was beat but laughed at the ridiculousness of the spectacle.  So, tonight I hope to run a bit since it didn't happen last night.  I see the blood donation wagon downstairs so there must be a blood drive at work which I usually do.  That'll make a run interesting.

Everyone have a great day.  Time to get busy here...

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yeah, Brady, Steph....Gustav isn't even starting us off any more.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

N-Bug - Appliances and TVs always look small in the store to me.  I'll never understand that.  I laugh in those situations too.  It beats the alternative.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Good morning all

Had 8 scheduled, but only got in 6.25. The first 2 were not fun. Then it got fun, then the wind picked up. I wasn't running in to  25+ mph head wind. Anyways. Overall not bad.

Will be back later for personals.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Awood, not exactly a half fanatic. Haa. The thing is that 10k and HM is easier to find where I am. 5k are mainly "fun" run with no timing.  Not ready for a full yet so thats how it all fits in.

Vance, looks like a good workout. Interval already done as it is 830pm where I am.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning guys! I know Steph is friends on FB, so I talk to her here and there. Kara is on my FB too but she's been quiet, still running though!

As for the others, I am not sure of as they aren't on my FB.

Anyways, It felt GREAT to be out yesterday. I am not even that sore, just a tad but it's that "feel good" sore. SOo today I am going to stretch and pop in my yoga DVD today. After tomorrow it's supposed to be super nice for  quite a few days in a row 40's...SUNNY...so I want to save my juice for those days because I know I will be itching to get outsideeee...and it's going to make me want spring like yesterday!!

First day today studying for my NCLEX (state boards) today, and then later taking a cousin down to Pittsburgh cousin to get her neck biopsied as they could tell from the scan that it's already malignant mass/lymph node possibly. So they want to see what type it is, if it's from her previous go with CA or a new kind. :-(

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Docket_Rocket

Gustav is posting in RWOL again but the rest are in FB.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haven't heard from Coralie since her surgery.... hope she's alright.

Anyone hear from Rachel?

I have discovered Doc and Steph on facebook....gotta find Kara I miss her

KristiRTT??

TxDiversMom?

WHERE IS EVERYONE?!

AFM- 2 miles, 11:45 pace. 34 degrees “feels like” 25….I’m sooo ready for warmer weather!!! The name of the game this week is easy and consistent. I want to get in all my miles. I’ve had to skip one run per week for the last 2 weeks, and cut another short…. and I think it’s because I’ve been doing a little too much. So all my runs this week will be flat, flat, flat NO hills….nothing resembling speedwork of any kind….just easy miles and hopefully that will make my IT band happy and it won’t get cranky on me and make me skip or cut short runs! PT tonight. OH and one week on Weight Watchers....3 pounds down!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning penguins!

I did notice that several of the colony have been missing, hope they're all ok.  I don't see all of them on FB, guess I'm not in the right group, or just haven't friended them.

Bin,  you could be a fanatic with your May/Jun races, two races in 16 days gets you in the club (or 3 in 90 days).  I was looking at the half fanatics site last night. Smile

5.2 miles for me this morning, I tried to keep it slow, but when it's really cold out my brain says, "Go fast, you'll be warmer!".  lol

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!