Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's shrinking Penguin population! (Read 74 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy weather here in San Antonio!  85 flippin' degrees yesterday afternoon, this morning it drops to the high 40s.  Will get back to 70 today but the winds are blowing around here at 35 - 40 mph!  Should make for an interesting run after work.   This a.m., due to the winds, about 1100 homes lost power around downtown San Antonio.  Wind can cause a power outage?  Right now at work all our internet connections are going in and out like crazy, things are very slow, we are not getting much done today.  Frustrating.   Anyway, I will head to the Y after work and get in about 3 easy miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Zelanie- just saw your post on the thread from last night. That's sweet of your DH, hope you had an awesome birthday!!!! New Sparkle Skirt, lululemon shirt and yellow Kinvaras withe yellow makeup.....that sounds like thr most adorable running outfit.....pictures????

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I saw on the Weather Channel last night that they are predicting 5 - 8 inches of snow for people in the Chicago area, yikes!  And some snow on the East Coast areas, etc.  You 'real winter" people all stay safe where-ever you are!

Yeah, Awood, seems like we have lost a few of our flock.  I especially miss Kara's lovely smile avatar, always a nice morning starter, since I don't drink coffee.  Joking  Hope all our missing penguins are doing well!

Well,then, Damaris, tell Kara on FB that Scottydog gives her a big hello!  I hardly ever go on FB anymore, don't even know why I keep my account open, lol.   Good luck with your 11 miles!

Dang, bin, nice running!  As someone mentioned...you are becoming a HM addict!

Vance you have had quite the adventures in home ownership in the last 24 hours, lol.  You can run after donating blood?  I'd probably keel right over if i tried that.  Of course, I'll never have to try that, they won't take my blood.   Good luck with your miles today if you get out there.

Tomas, I think these crazy winds are all over our state today!   I looked at the weather for my run-time after work (4 pm) and the winds will theoretically be at about 30 mph then.  Should be interesting!  At least it will be 70 and nice and sunny.

Tori, good luck with the upcoming State Boards exam!  No doubt in my mind you are gonna pass with flying colors!  Enjoy that nicer weather you are having, hope it lasts a while for you!  Say hello to Steph for me, last time I 'chatted' with her was when she was here on the 'legs' thread, after posting a photo of her Very Great Legs. Big grin  She really  is 'good people', nice sense of humor, etc.  Tell her she is missed around here.

Kristin, good plan to help your knee and IT Band.  Behave yourself, a Great Leg is a terrible thing to waste. Joking

But then, Dave, if you go faster, you sweat more, and then you get colder after you stop...so go slower!  And then you will stay warmer...tht will work, right?   Wink  Congrats on your run!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris, is there a specific group/place all our runners go to on Facebook?

Docket_Rocket

I think you are of the BF Facebook group, no?

Damaris, is there a specific group/place all our runners go to on Facebook?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Still here.  Didn't want you to worry.  Heading over to the track before the snow gets worse with a detour to Binny's Beverage Depot for some $7, 90 point Spanish wine on sale.

ps:  we skipped the track.

Zelanie

Kristin- Thanks! I didn't take any pictures, but I' m thinking it might be my outfit for my race next week, so maybe I will get one then!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: happy birthday to you! Sorry I didn't see it Smile Yours is sandwiched right between two of our kids' on the 3rd and the 9th. I hope you had a good one.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, major freakin' hell!!  So I went for my little run around the indoor track, and it felt fine.  During my last walk interval my knee completely locked up, and I was barely able to limp back to my lab.  I've got an ice pack on it now (thanks, customers who send us samples with ice packs!) and I'm contemplating what to do.  As in, do I cancel quartet practice and call my husband to come get me, because I don't think I can drive home.  Dammit!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Hope's Mom.  Hope you're OK!

Zelanie, Happy Birthday (I already said it but once more won't hurt, right?)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, having spent some quality time with an ice pack, my knee is a little better.  I can bend it a little, and I am no longer screaming.  I think I might be able to drive home, we'll see what DH says when he gets here.  I did cancel quartet practice for tonight, though.  I hereby promise the running gods, I will never try to run again.  I will be a walker for the rest of my natural life.  So be it, amen.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Zel, Happy Birthday!

My run this evening was a total bonk. 43 degrees, feels like 32, winds at 25 mph with gust in th 40's. Nope, I don't think so, I even tried putting on more clothes, it just wasn't happening today. I think the night shift crap is messing with me too. I brought stuff for the gym so in case I feel like it, I'll run on the TM in the morning.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Zelanie - happy birthday!!

HM - you make it home?!

AFM - I made it out to the trails.  7 miles.  Feels good.  Slow, deliberate pace.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

4 easy after work - done!

HopesMom - I don't think you need to quit. I think those tight little indoor tracks can do a lot of damage though.

Zelanie - Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Running outside is not going to be an option.  That's a shame.  I bought P3 a Garmin for her birthday, and gave it to her early.  Now, it's just blinding snow.  Oh well, headed to the treadmill.  Then, maybe we'll try again tomorrow.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013