Beginners and Beyond

Fast ThursDAILIES? (Read 34 times)

LRB

No, fasting is not something that works for me. While I generally go 4 - 5 hours  between meals, I usually nibble on something light in between, otherwise I become easily agitated.

Anyway, here is an article that speaks about intermittent fasting as it applies to runners.

I'm heading out for a jog, see you!

Cyberic

No, fasting is not something that works for me. While I generally go 4 - 5 hours  between meals, I usually nibble on something light in between, otherwise I become easily agitated.

Anyway, here is an article that speaks about intermittent fasting as it applies to runners.

I'm heading out for a jog, see you!

I should run fast in some miles today, but fast is relative.

But fasting, no way!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very nice run/walk yesterday evening in San Antonio after work.   4:30 pm., sunshine, 62 degrees - but a pretty darn good wind blowing making it feel a tad chillier.  Even so, still nice enough to just be in shorts and a running shirt with no base layer, sweet.  Ended up with 4.5 miles and 7 hills along the way.

We have crazy weather here in South Texas...one morning it's warm and then next - like this morning - we're down into the 30s, sheesh. But by this afternoon we will be back in the 60s.   That's why every 'winter' we have, there are people always walking around coughing, sniffling, etc., Mother Nature can't make up her darn mind around here from day-to-day, never stays consistent throughout the whole season.  Even so, we have pretty good winters compared to most of the country so I'll take it.

SLOW Thursday for me.  Nice easy run after work today on soft surface - probably a flat trail run - give my legs a break after all those hills last night.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It is still Summer down here at least until Sunday which will bring us a tiny cold front of one day.  I ran 3 last night, as my lungs were tired.  Not sure what to shoot for today because my lungs could be tired or hyper.  So, I'll hop on the TM and see how far I'll make it.  Pilates at lunch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello, PEOPLE!  Another early morning swim for me.  2300 yard workout with the masters group.  I got tired, but at least now when I get tired, I just get tired but manage to not slow down.  I actually finished the entire workout for the first time.  Workouts have been 2500-3000 yards and I can't do that much in the 60 minute time allotment.  4 mile run to do later.  Coffee to do now.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Fifty minutes on the elliptical + PT.

I am loathe to admit it... but I find it is much easier to get a good cardio workout on the elliptical than the bike.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

adkkev

I find it is much easier to get a good cardio workout on the elliptical than the bike.

I agree.  I've stopped using the stationary bike altogether.

So this time I did something to my back and unlike what often happens, it still hurt on my run. Like, a LOT. I almost shut it down at the very beginning, but kept going hoping it would loosen up. It did a tiny bit, enough for me to power through it; fortunately only a short one scheduled. But, fuck. 5 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

So his time I did something to my back and unlike what often happens, it still hurt on my run. Like, a LOT. I almost shut it down at the very beginning, but kept going hoping it would loosen up. It did a tiny bit, enough for me to power through it; fortunately only a short one scheduled. But, fuck. 5 miles.

That sucks, Dave. Hopefully it will get better soon.

I was happy with my Achilles yesterday, but the improvement I thought there was is much smaller in reality, although there is a minor improvement compared to the first couple of days. But the limping has given me small pains in other places, like the hip, ffs.

LRB

Both of you could use some yoga in your lives. We can be a crew; The Three Morons.

Cyberic

Both of you could use some yoga in your lives. We can be a crew; The Three Morons.

LOL!

delicate flower

So his time I did something to my back and unlike what often happens, it still hurt on my run. Like, a LOT. I almost shut it down at the very beginning, but kept going hoping it would loosen up. It did a tiny bit, enough for me to power through it; fortunately only a short one scheduled. But, fuck. 5 miles.

Sorry, Dave.  Sounds like a case of The Olds.

So I just saw on the internets that MLB pitchers and catchers report in two weeks, and I was like "wait, what??"  Doesn't winter usually happen before spring training opens?    I'm usually excited about spring training coming up because that means winter is coming to an end.  But winter hasn't started yet.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Dave, hope the back improves quickly.  Back pain is a shitty, frustrating thing.

I ran 11.2 cool and windy miles.  No work for me today, so I am off to have a massive lunch with DW.  I've fasted long enough.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Sorry, Dave.  Sounds like a case of The Olds.

So I just saw on the internets that MLB pitchers and catchers report in two weeks, and I was like "wait, what??"  Doesn't winter usually happen before spring training opens?    I'm usually excited about spring training coming up because that means winter is coming to an end.  But winter hasn't started yet.

It reminds me of winter 2011/12, which was *glorious!

*as winters go

LRB

It's been awhile since I've had to wear my surgical mask, but I'm noticing people are coughing and hacking up lungage everywhere I go. If one of these fucks gets me sick, there will be hell to pay.