Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

Cyberic

Nice sign!

I will hit the track today for my MP run. Not sure if I'll drive there or run there. It's ~2.5 miles from here, and it feels very far to come back. I'll decide when I leave.

delicate flower

'Morning!  With "certain people" being out of the office today and tomorrow, perhaps these next two work days will be a little quieter and less stressful.  One can hope.

I got lost trying to follow yesterday's dailies and I was too tired at night to try to catch up.  Last night's tempo run could have been better, but tempo runs are hard in the heat with a race still fresh in your legs.  Anyway, it was a 75 minute run with tempo intervals.  I ran the intervals around a 7:10 pace, which I'd like to be faster but is still in line with where I was at this point last cycle.  Considering fatigue and heat, I'm good with that.  I did 10 miles total at a 7:44 avg pace.  Easy run on the schedule today.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

5.1 miles this morning. It was cool (62*), but I was still drenched when I finished, and then I start to chill when I'm back inside. Hate that.

What I like is that tomorrow is the start of a 4-day weekend family getaway - nothing earth shattering, just a couple of museums, some hiking, some wineries (doesn't everyone visit wineries with their 9-year-old in tow?) and relaxing.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I got busy at the track this morning, with a 3 mile jog up there then a set of 4 x 1000's with 2 minute & 30 second jogs in between.

I felt really good afterwards so during the trot home, I threw in two extended strides.

7.5 miles total.

delicate flower

I got busy at the track this morning, with a 3 mile jog up there then a set of 4 x 1000's with 2 minute & 30 second jogs in between.

I felt really good afterwards so during the trot home, I threw in two extended strides.

7.5 miles total.

#logstalk

It looks like I run my interval recoveries way too fast.  I had a feeling I was, and your recovery pace certainly suggests that I am.  Mine yesterday were around 8:15 pace.

<3

LRB

#logstalk

It looks like I run my interval recoveries way too fast.  I had a feeling I was, and your recovery pace certainly suggests that I am.  Mine yesterday were around 8:15 pace.

Well, it kind of depends on what the goal of the workout is, I think. My goal today was to be as fully recovered as possible starting each interval, so my recoveries were on the plus side of 10 minutes.

Usually they are closer to 9 minutes and only faster than that if it is a lactate threshold workout, where I want to get right back to threshold level immediately upon running again.

But if you are hitting your intended splits then it might not be broken.

onemile

I have been wondering if it's better to do workouts outside in the warm temps, struggle and maybe be a bit slower or to run them on the treadmill or at the indoor track and hit my paces and have an easier time doing it.

(I feel better about myself when I do the latter)

bluerun

Super B****

I have been wondering if it's better to do workouts outside in the warm temps, struggle and maybe be a bit slower or to run them on the treadmill or at the indoor track and hit my paces and have an easier time doing it.

(I feel better about myself when I do the latter)

Supposedly it will pay off in the fall if you do them outside.  I'm still waiting to see whether that's true.

I'm taking another stab at 21:39 tonight... whee.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk last night at 6:30 pm along the San Antonio Riverwalk with a lot of my friends; it was a group run for Team RWB (Red White and Blue) and a fundraiser party for a local nonprofit Street 2 Feet.  Started and finished at the VFW Post 76.  Sure it was 98 degrees with 102 heat index, but the humidity was low, there was a nice breeze blowing off the river and lots of shade along the Riverwalk trails, so I did okay...3.8 miles in 40 minutes.

Post-run, a nice little party at the VFW, with sausage wraps, beer, and other cold drinks, music, and friends.  Some random photos here at this link (if it works):   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205822357772748&set=a.10205822257090231.1073742063.1071496686&type=1&permPage=1

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Supposedly it will pay off in the fall if you do them outside.

That's the rumor, but many of us like to see that target number.

I have been coming around though to the effort is what matters camp so either one works for me.

Good luck tonight. What is the expected temp?

onemile

That's the rumor, but many of us like to see that target number.

I have been coming around though to the effort is what matters camp so either one works for me.

Good luck tonight. What is the expected temp?

Like 73...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks to hubby and child keeping me up, and being restless myself... I didn't want to get up at 3 AM, plus it was raining. So I got up at 4 AM and headed to the gym for an hour on Biceps, Triceps and Chest Day.

Standing Barbell Curls: 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX12reps
                            Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX12reps, 110lbsX6reps, 90lbsX12reps, 110lbsX7reps, 90lbsX12reps
                            Triceps Overhead: 17.5lbsX15reps, 20lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX8reps, 20lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX8reps
                            Concentration Dumbbell Curls: 20lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX8reps, 20lbsX12reps, 22.5lbsX8reps, 20lbsX12reps
                            Torso Rotation: 80lbsX10reps, 85lbsX8reps, 80lbsX10reps
                            Fly Delts: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps

After the gym, it was still raining.

Maybe I will be able to get in 3 miles later this afternoon/evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Like 73...

Well, that beats the 90 + degrees she had the last time so maybe today is the day!

onemile

Well, that beats the 90 + degrees she had the last time so maybe today is the day!

Oh, no, I didn't mean blue's temp. I'll let her answer that.