Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are heating up (Read 44 times)

LRB

Not really, it was that GEICO commercial The Final Countdown playing in my head all night.

LRB

'Sup.

At 41 degrees with winds of 17 MPH and gusts of 32, I'll need to heat up quickly for this stupid run. Brr.

'Sup?

Little Blue

Gasp!  Do those conditions force you into ... sleeves?  The horror.

Currently 63 going to 77, with winds gusting to 1.0.   Lots of humidity puddled on the ground. I have a mysterious knot in my calf that is causing discomfort both north and south.  Hopefully a little activity will work it out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day as I've run the last 4 days in a row...unusual for me as I normally do only 3 days in a row.  After work today will pick up my packets for two upcoming events this weekend:  Day of the Dead 5K at 6 PM on Friday night; and the Hocus Pocus 5K on Saturday morning.   Weather guy is predicting severe weather this weekend for San Antonio area, so I hope my races don't get washed out.

Interesting run/walk on Tuesday in McAllister Park, my favorite park in San Antonio, all kinds of terrain and different places to run in and around. It was a very nice outing..except when I ran into some clown about the halfway point....and I mean that literally, lol. There was some kids party going on at one of the playground areas and this guy dressed as a clown was standing on part of the paved trail, right around the bend where I was running...and so as I was hauling around the bend, I couldn't see him...and I came around the bend and ran right into him...for pete's sake..it wasn't pretty...clown nose flying off, balloon animals all over the place... I guess the kids thought it was part of the show cuz they were all laughing....lol. A friend was running behind me and he was laughing too and told me "Only you, Scottydog, could find a clown to run into on a run." lol. No harm done to anyone as, thankfully, my running pace is pretty darn slow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

I haven't run since Sunday, crazy.  Monday was planned, the rest of the week has just been crazy.  I'll get some miles in today after work before getting back to work on my costume.  Turns out I'm pretty handy with a hot glue gun, but it's taking longer than I thought, tonight might be a late night (wearing it to work tomorrow).  Being a perfectionist makes projects like this really difficult.  I have to plan it out five different ways to see what will work best before I actually start putting it together. lol

Lily, about Vegas, it's fun if you're into the shows/restaurants/gambling, but I think it's worth going just to take a day trip to the Grand Canyon (although I guess you could just go to the Grand Canyon without ever visiting Vegas).  I wasn't fit the last time I was there, so I just stood on the rim in awe, but now that I'm fit I want to go back and hike down to the bottom (what I'd really like to do is run it, but my wife will be with me, so we'll just hike it lol).

Hope everyone has a great day, not only is it Friday Eve, but it's Halloween Eve Eve. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Little Blue

OK, Scotty, that's funny.  Your friend is right, only you.  I'm just imagining the carnage.  Body parts lying around, balloon animals running amok, children fleeing.  Yup, it's a Scotty run.

Mmmmm...beer

No doubt Scotty, only you! LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

LOL Scotty.  

'Morning, kiddos!  Back to back treadmill runs between last night and this morning, thanks to some really crappy weather.  I haven't done treadmill runs two days in a row in like eight months prior to this.  Oh well.  Easy run last night, tempo run this morning.  I've got my weekly swim lesson tonight, though I think after tonight I'll change that to once every two weeks so I actually have time to practice more between sessions.  werd.

<3

Docket_Rocket

It was 77F and 76DP this morning.  Ran outside, boy it was humid.  Now working and have had at least 100 emails since 7:30am.

I love the song and the new advertisement with Final Countdown is super funny and catchy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty the human comedy sketch. :shakinghead: Smile

No running today (third day off in a row), but a strength training class at noon and 90-minute martial arts class tonight. Baked oatmeal with apples and dried berries was a great way to start the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.  Mine has been clown-free so far.

I ran 10.2 with 5X1@HMP - a little.  It was the first "fast" running I've done since the HM 12 days ago.  It was hard, but it felt good.  I've got a sweet case of the warm and fuzzies going now. 

LRB, I would like your temp this morning, if you could turn that wind off.

Scotty, are you going to kick a mime at lunch?

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I slept like crap last night, so I didn't run this morning. I'll probably try for 5-8 miles this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, you sure are always running into something while running!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Scotty, you sure are always running into something while running!

You know Scotty, always clowning around.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I love the song and the new advertisement with Final Countdown is super funny and catchy.

It was slightly clever the first 200 times it aired. Now I am so effing sick of it, I cannot get to the mute button fast enough. Same with the cable company being bought out by the other company, whatever that's advertising. It seems MLB only has 3 sponsors, so when watching the playoffs it is the same 3 commercials over & over. Bleah.

8 miles.

Dave