Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies: Sleep late, it's ok. (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

0 for me.  The foot got stupider as yesterday continued.  I'm thinking the rest of the week will be non-running.  I've got to get this resolved soon, it's almost Nov 1.  I guess a problem now is better than in 8 weeks.  I hope in 8 weeks it's all good.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Speaking of stupid, I ran 7.5. Damn that sucked. Oof.

delicate flower

Sleep late?  HA!  Wife sad we're getting up early for workouts, so we got up early for workouts.  I headed to the pool for a masters swim.  2200 yards done.  I'd have blown it off if Wife didn't make us get up.  I ended up having a good workout, so I can thank her for that.  Bike ride after work.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I would LOVE to sleep late!  If, you know, the whole "sleep" thing happened at all.  It's difficult to do that (or anything, really) when you can't breathe.  This congestion is going to become an issue if it doesn't disappear, like, yesterday.

25 trainer miles.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

I wanted to run but I needed to sleep. I just ran a marathon, I guess another day off won't kill me this week.

Sleep late?  HA!  

+ugh.

I wasn't scheduled to head home till his evening, which would get me home at midnight. But my stuff today got cancelled. Baboon said to get out as soon as I could, and I do whatever he says, so I switched to a morning flight. Except the only one available was at 6:10, meaning a 4:00 wakeup. After staying up past midnight to watch the game. And on eastern time, so feels like 1:00 am. FFS.

Anyway, sounds like RD. Unless I decide to go for a run this afternoon when I get home. But not feeling the need to do so, since I ran Monday (my usual RD) in anticipation of something like this. And I'm not really training for anything.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I would love to sleep, period.

12 and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

There are no pacers in my NYCM corral.  NONE.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

You might have to buy a garmin watch

delicate flower

Baboon said to get out as soon as I could, and I do whatever he says, so I switched to a morning flight. 

It's funny, people sometimes ask me for restaurant suggestions in Springfield since I've worked here for 15 years.  I have no idea because I don't dare venture out of the office.

<3

Cyberic

I have some intervals at 10K pace to do at lunch. I actually know exactly what my 10K pace is.

4 x 4 minutes is what is scheduled. Not much, but better than nothing!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I almost said fuck it on getting up this morning, Dorian woke up throughout the night and interrupted my sleep quite a bit. I've still got a somewhat sore throat and have a hard time breathing, but Jetta and I ran 7.3 miles which is good since I originally had 5 planned. Then I went back to bed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Sleep late?

I would LOVE to sleep late! 

I wanted to run but I needed to sleep.

Dorian woke up throughout the night and interrupted my sleep quite a bit.

I would love to sleep, period.

WHAT IS THIS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So? Then there won't be any huge groups all running at the same pace getting in your way.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

workinprogress11

My flight is about to take off for my 3rd work trip this month. I know there are people who are used to traveling for work this much, but I'm not so it's really thrown a wrench into my running plans this month. On the other hand, I find I like traveling.