Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies are really Friday Eve (Read 29 times)

KCRuns

Good morning!

I ran just over 2 easy to work this morning.  I had the backpack today, so I was slower than usual.

I took Columbus this morning instead of the lake path and took in all the marathon prep work being done.  The street is already closed down, but the start and finish lines aren't up yet.  I'm guessing that goes up tomorrow.  Looks like they're still setting up lots of tents for gear check and the post race area this morning.

Cyberic

Morning, KC!

Took the rest rest of the week off work. Some family matters to attend to up north.

Ran 11.5 of something like that,

with 15 x (500m@-MP/500m@+MP). Felt good. My mind kept wandering, though, and pace went off. Especially in one 500m, I finished at at pretty much easy pace. Still a good workout.

Now some shopping for dress shoes before I'm off for a 5+ hours car drive.

onemile

Morning, KC!

Took the rest rest of the week off work. Some family matters to attend to up north.

Ran 11.5 of something like that,

with 15 x (500m@-MP/500m@+MP). Felt good. My mind kept wandering, though, and pace went off. Especially in one 500m, I finished at at pretty much easy pace. Still a good workout.

Now some shopping for dress shoes before I'm off for a 5+ hours car drive.

how much -MP and +MP? the goal to average MP between the two paces?

delicate flower

'Morning.  I was very, very happy with how I felt on my three mile jog yesterday.  No worse than after a marathon.  I remember how I felt like complete hell during my first run following my first Ironman.  I am optimistic that it won't take me a month to recover this time.  Speaking of running, I've got another jog to do later today.

<3

Cyberic

how much -MP and +MP? the goal to average MP between the two paces?

Goal was to hit HMP or faster on the --MP,  and maybe MP+15 or something on the recoveries. But I'm not very precise on paces anymore. Not because I can't, but because I prefer letting the pace drift up and down depending on incline, on wind.

So yeah, I thought the average would be MP or something close. Turns out it was a little faster than that on 14 of the 15, and slower on the one that I forgot I was in a workout 

Planned on 6 but stretched it to 7 despite not having the time for it, because things were going so awesomely.

Dave

Cyberic

Planned on 6 but stretched it to 7 despite not having the time for it, because things were going so awesomely.

Good to hear! (or read)

onemile

Goal was to hit HMP or faster on the --MP,  and maybe MP+15 or something on the recoveries. But I'm not very precise on paces anymore. Not because I can't, but because I prefer letting the pace drift up and down depending on incline, on wind.

So yeah, I thought the average would be MP or something close. Turns out it was a little faster than that on 14 of the 15, and slower on the one that I forgot I was in a workout 

Nice.

I am feeling rather unprepared because I haven't really done any running at GMP

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and 4 for me tonight.  Sadly, it is not my Friday today, but I took Tuesday off and with Monday being a (only federal employees) holiday, I am all set, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a very hilly 4 miles around the UTSA campus this morning.  Felt really good, ran pretty well, but think I am slowing down a bit from this blood-thinner med that I am on - Xeralto - kinda makes me a bit tired, I guess that may be one of the side-effects.   I guess it could be worse...been on it for 3 months now and have not really had any 'major issue' side effects, so I guess I am lucky in that regard.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 on a fine morning.  I liked it, and will do it again.

Have a great y?

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 on a fine morning.  I liked it, and will do it again.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Nice.

I am feeling rather unprepared because I haven't really done any running at GMP

Yeah, I dunno. That's exactly what I was avoiding today (running at MP). When I called my coach a few weeks ago, I was going to do a a lot of MP running "a la Hansons". Be told me it was good, as all running is good, but running at MP you're not tickling the lactate threshold or shuttle much. He suggested I hit HMP and a little faster in my longer workouts. That's why I came up with this workout today. Dunno if it's all that good, but at least all running is good. So there is that.

Good to hear! (or read)

Yeah it was just feeling really good. Another sub-9 average, with the last 3 down at 8:35-8:40.

Looking at potential 5k's to take the plunge back in. At least plan on a Turkey Trot 11/18 or 11/22, but debating whether to try one 10/21. Of course I still need to attempt some kind of speedwork first....

Dave