Beginners and Beyond

Well it is the Wednesdailies. (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

Think of it as an increase now for a better life later.  I have cur the asthma meds since 6 months post shots.  I now only use symbicort twice a day and nothing else but the shots.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warning: Mini-vent ahead.

So I work with this guy. He's a young kid - around 22 or so - and pretty obnoxious. He's also a semi-runner (he bandits, too, which I've told him flat out I don't appreciate). He also goes to the LRS group runs on Wednesdays, but the past few weeks he was in a class so he didn't go to the group runs. His absence was fabulous.

He gets mad at me when he asks if I'm going, and I tell him no - that I have other stuff to do or whatever.

T: Are you going to the group run tonight?

Me: No, I told you the other day, I can't - I'm busy.

T: Whatever man

Me: Uh, I have a 5k planning meeting. Can't get out of it and I don't pick the dates.

T: WHATEVER. (rolls eyes and walks away)

It's kind of laughable in a way, but also pretty annoying. Oh and around April Fool's Day he told a girl at the group run (I wasn't there that day) that I was run over by a car. Then he said "HAHA, just kidding."

Yeah.

This is the way it would go for me  April:

T: Are you going to the group run tonight?

Me: Are you going?

T: Yes, I am.

Me: Then I am not.

I guess, April,  you're a lot more polite than me.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rondog65

Hello all,

A SRD so I continued spreading wood chips for DW, 12 yards spread and we can check this off the "Honey Do List" only 1,001 more things on the list!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Nicole, great job running 5.1 miles o'hills.

AprilRunner, your colleague sounds like a prize. Not.

Rondog, I'd classify the woodchip spreading as cross-training.

I'm on my way to my LRS for my weekly group run. It was raining heavily during my break, so I'll only double todaySad

Hip Redux

I just got a message from a friend of mine that her ex committed suicide today.  I'd met him only 3 or 4 times, so it's not like we were close, but it's still so unnerving when someone dies unexpectedly, especially suicide.    She was really the only thing "good" in his life - and he went and cheated on her (after being together for 3 years and living together for two) and she kicked him out.     Ugh.

Bummer stuff for the dailies, sorry.  It's still on the DL for now so I can't really go anywhere else but to a place full of strangers.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh Oski, I'm sorry.

Rondog65

Oski my condolences, mental health issues are very difficult to deal with.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry to hear this.  It is unnerving to hear about a person one has met in real life that has died.  No matter how close or not we knew them, it feels more real than what we see on TV.  Hugs.

I just got a message from a friend of mine that her ex committed suicide today.  I'd met him only 3 or 4 times, so it's not like we were close, but it's still so unnerving when someone dies unexpectedly, especially suicide.    She was really the only thing "good" in his life - and he went and cheated on her (after being together for 3 years and living together for two) and she kicked him out.     Ugh.

Bummer stuff for the dailies, sorry.  It's still on the DL for now so I can't really go anywhere else but to a place full of strangers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

5 miles faster than I should've but they felt great.  No weights since I got my allergy shot after court.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damn, OskiSad How's your friend dealing?

Damaris, I'm glad that the five went well. How does the allergy shot affect your activity?

6.39 miles with the run club in 56:59. 8:56 (WTBH?!?) pace. I wish that I were able to comfortably run like this every day.

Hip Redux

Damn, OskiSad How's your friend dealing?

We texted for a bit and she's going to seek out a counselor.  He called her right before he did it, and she didn't answer - so of course, that's weighing on her a lot.    The whole thing is effed up.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!

As a teenager of 17 years that had her ex-boyfriend call me to threaten suicide, I know how she feels.  My ex never did it but when I told him to fuck off I was always afraid of what he would do and whether it would be my fault.  She needs some counseling.  This is not her fault and she should understand that.

We texted for a bit and she's going to seek out a counselor.  He called her right before he did it, and she didn't answer - so of course, that's weighing on her a lot.    The whole thing is effed up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Oski - so sorry about your friend's ex. Sad

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Oski, I'm so sorry.  I'm terrible at this emotional stuff but I hope your friend gets help processing this.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yikes sorry Oski SadSad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to