Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

Little Blue

Where is everyone??  Must be out racing.  Couldn't be that everyone is sipping coffee, waiting for someone else to go first.  Nah.  They're out racing.

5 miles on the rail trail in a surprisingly cool-feeling 68-67 gray gloom.  More rain later.

Have a great day!

Cyberic

I was wondering how long the absence of Sundailies would last. Thanks LB.

Ran 10ish, for a weekly total of 56.5  . Was hot and humid. Is this ever gonna end?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Couldn't be that everyone is sipping coffee, waiting for someone else to go first.  Nah. 

But that's exactly what I'm doing. Since it was almost midnight when I got home after work last night, I wasn't about to get up early for a race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

StepbyStep-SH

Yes, sipping coffee. After sleeping in to the ridiculous hour of 7:30 a.m. Today is a recovery day - I'll walk for 30-45 minutes and do a hatha yoga class. My body could use the gentle stretching.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Is this ever gonna end?

If you live in South Florida, no.

Cyberic

I know the few soccer fans here prefer the European leagues. Montreal's new player, African Didier Drogba, scored three times in the game yesterday. His first and third goals are a thing of beauty. Watch number 11 of the team in blue.

http://www.rds.ca/videos/soccer/digne-d-une-legende-3.1143551

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

yesterday a very nice run starting from the YMCA in Schertz (pronounced "shirts") Texas, which is just down from Randolph Air Force Base.  Since the city is so close to the base, I notice all the streets have an 'air' theme and are named for famous people of flight, and so forth.  I got a late start and didn't run until 10 a.m. and it was already 80-something degrees.  But it was all good, I felt strong and ran will, ended with 3.2 miles on pretty flat roads, not a hill in sight.

Nice run on Sunday morning, very early, 7 a.m.,  along the San Antonio Riverwalk and even encountered some of my fellow Team RWB veteran's group members. Love running on the Riverwalk on Sunday mornings, very peaceful. Again, no hills at all, very flat.  Took some photos along the way. You can find them at the link below:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/cb2673a6544d472b87da8ce0729f9b6f/resume#focus

Now I am resting my legs the rest of the day because tomorrow I DO have hills..lots and lots of hills!  The San Antonio Roadrrunners Whine Run 5-Miler.  I have not done 5 miles in forever, probably take me about 2 darn hours, lol.   After the run, a really nice after-party at the winery across from the neighborhood we run in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

1 hour walk this morning (in long sleeves wtf?? I missed summer!), lifting at the gym. I ran 4.4 miles all in a row yesterday! Big grin 9:38 pace - first mile was slow, last 3.4 were low 9's. Not that I'm thinking too much about pace at this point, just nice to see after the fact that it doesn't seem like I've lost a ton of fitness.

bluerun

Super B****

Anyone else ever go to bed feeling completely fine, and wake up with something hurting?!  (As in, I think I broke my foot in my sleep kind of hurting.)

No?  Just me?  Okay then.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Woke up at 9am and np coffee for me. Just donuts. Running my LR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Anyone else ever go to bed feeling completely fine, and wake up with something hurting?!  (As in, I think I broke my foot in my sleep kind of hurting.)

No?  Just me?  Okay then.

Let's not talk about the sharp pains I feel in various parts of my stupid body at night, ever.

LRB

I ran 15 in 2:02:50.

On a route that had more ups and downs than the European stock exchange.

It was supposed to have been 16 miles, but my dumb, know absolutely nothing about the boonies city boy self got lost like a mother fucker after the first loop. By the time I righted myself, I would have done 18 miles if I took the loop again so I settled for 1 less than my target.

As it was I felt good and had a strong run. I have only run a route like that once (last summer in Ohio) and it was only 7 miles, so it will be interesting to see how my quads respond to the downhill running I did.

The uphills while hard, were not as difficult as I feared.

Anyway, I ate 2 gels (mile 5 and 11), got 55 miles for the week and feel good about things.

Now ESU.

onemile

I ran 17 with the Lake Michigan Trail Marathon this morning - they have an untimed "20 mile training run" option (that I cut short).  About 4 of the miles are on hiking trails and the rest on a paved bike path.  I wasn't sure how the trail stuff would be since I don't run trails but that part was fun.  But it was already 71 at 7am and when the sun came out, it got pretty tough toward the end.

LRB

LRB

But it was already 71 at 7am and when the sun came out, it got pretty tough toward the end.

It was definitely roasty and toasty.