Beginners and Beyond

What up WednesDAILIES (Read 23 times)

RunningOnSand

Hey all. Almost 8am CST. Where is everyone?

I ran 4.6 wearing my headlamp and noxgear vest aka blind you vest. I was able to turn off both halfway through my run though. 

delicate flower

'Morning, ROS and all comers to this here dailies!  I hit the track early for a one hour workout.  10 x 800 tempo/400 easy.  The 800's ended up being progressive due to my lack of warm up.  Averaged about a 6:50 pace on those once I got going.  Good run for an early morning workout.

I am not sure if these numbers are rolling PR's for me, but I can't imagine I've done much more than this at any point during my running history.  Sure some of YOU PEOPLE drop numbers like this all time, but this is new to me...

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I'll see if my lower back wants to cooperate. I have 14.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SRD.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 8 x 400.

Baboon, was your main track already repaired? Nice month of running!

I ran 4.6 wearing my headlamp and noxgear vest aka blind you vest. I was able to turn off both halfway through my run though. 

Just finishing….

5.5 stream grade
              2.5 dirt bumps
              0.75 wiggly roadcrown hill… real uncomfortable but not excruciatingly painful like on Monday. Haven’t had any significant knee pain afterwards the last few times so I added 0.25

'Morning, ROS and all comers to this here dailies!  I hit the track early for a one hour workout.  10 x 800 tempo/400 easy.  The 800's ended up being progressive due to my lack of warm up.  Averaged about a 6:50 pace on those once I got going.  Good run for an early morning workout.

I am not sure if these numbers are rolling PR's for me, but I can't imagine I've done much more than this at any point during my running history.  Sure some of YOU PEOPLE drop numbers like this all time, but this is new to me...

That’s a crapload of miles! Yes I have been known to drop those kind of numbers, but not often.

Track for me too, except 5k-ish paced: 8 x 600m with 200m recoveries. I did the same last week but with 400m recoveries. This was harder! 

Dave

delicate flower

6 with 8 x 400.

Baboon, was your main track already repaired? Nice month of running!

No, I went to the other track, which is actually a nicer facility.  Each track is four miles from my house in opposite directions and I just like to bounce back and forth between the two.  The nicer track closes to the public when the school day begins, so I need to get there early for a one hour run (up at 5:00 this morning).  The other track (the damaged one) typically stays open, so I can get there whenever and not worry about having to rush.

<3

delicate flower

Also, I had to use the portapotty one lap into the run, and there was barely enough paper to get me through and I used the last of it.  That could have been tragic.

<3

Also, I had to use the portapotty one lap into the run, and there was barely enough paper to get me through and I used the last of it.  That could have been tragic.

You're just rubbing in the fact that your track actually has portapotties, of which I am very envious. And what kind of noob doesn't run with TP in their pocket?

Dave

sdWhiskers

And what kind of noob doesn't run with TP in their pocket?

I have never done this. Will sometimes bring a few squares for the start of a race, just in case.

I have never done this. Will sometimes bring a few squares for the start of a race, just in case.

Well you've never needed it.

Dave

delicate flower

I have never done this. 

+1.  Usually this is not an issue for me.  Also, the portapotties are removed during the cold months.

<3

sdWhiskers

6 miles. Felt like double that amount. Stopped to walk for a min around 5.5 mi. Feel completely out of shape from a cardiovascular perspective but my legs feel great.

Ran by the local library, as I've done several mornings a week for years. Saw a bunch of people lined up with their pets by a big bus. Signage looked like a mobile spay/neuter clinic but is that even possible? Maybe using the bus for rabies shot clinic. Never saw that before.

sdWhiskers

Well you've never needed it.

I turn 40 in a few months...maybe that's when everything goes downhill?