Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday: #workworkworkworkwork (Read 35 times)

LRB

Time to put it in. 💪

I need a #sleepsleepsleep thread. Not that you're going to start that one. Also, I appear to be coming down with a cold. Goddammit.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You got it from me?

no more fever but the congestion is brutal and wants to come out. At work and I have Pilates. I have not gotten my running week so I assume an RD.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I need a #sleepsleepsleep thread. Not that you're going to start that one. Also, I appear to be coming down with a cold. Goddammit.

SAME.

Too tired to exist but I ran 5.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Me too.  Sucked to get up this morning.  So much for getting rested over a long weekend.  Hope for 5 or 6 tonight.

Docket - I'll give you 2.5.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me too.  Sucked to get up this morning.  So much for getting rested over a long weekend.  Hope for 5 or 6 tonight.

Docket - I'll give you 2.5.

I'll take it!

Damaris

SAME.

Too tired to exist but I ran 5.

Sometimes after a sleepless night, I really have to fight to keep my eyes open on the 30 min drive in the morning. Which is a little scary. After parking at the gym, I actually sat in the car for a while seeing if I could get a few more minutes of sleep. No luck.

Anyway, 7 miles that didn't go too badly. Lack of sleep generally doesn't seem to influence a run too much. I have enough data points to know that.

Dave

Cyberic

Pulled a groin muscle (adductor I think) while running in the snow. That area is a weak point of mine, and it's a constant battle keep it healthy. I should try to strenghten that area with preventive muscle work, but "should" and "will" are different words.

Intervals on the square indoor track today. Hope the sharp turns won't hurt me too much. At least the footing will be perfect. No slippage.

zzyzx

It turns out the reason why I was walking home from my run on Saturday sans shirt was that I was getting the flu. Sunday I went as far as putting a foot on the elliptical at the gym before saying no. Yesterday I decided to pretend I was healthy and did a full lift routine (seated dip, hip abduction, chin, hip abbuction, horizontal calf, vertical chest, leg sled) and 30 good minutes on the exercise bike. It was too much I guess because I relapsed a bit today. No lifting and a modified 3/4 stair challenge that was very nearly the real thing. It's something at least.

I should try to strenghten with preventive muscle work, but "should" and "will" are different words.

Word.

Dave

onemile

Pulled a groin muscle (adductor I think) while running in the snow. That area is a weak point of mine, and it's a constant battle keep it healthy. I should try to strenghten that area with preventive muscle work, but "should" and "will" are different words.

Intervals on the square indoor track today. Hope the sharp turns won't hurt me too much. At least the footing will be perfect. No slippage.

You are going to do speedwork on a pulled muscle?

Cyberic

You are going to do speedwork on a pulled muscle?

As always, I'm auto-diagnosed, and "pulled muscle" might not be what I have exactly.

I want to do quality, so I might change speed work for Threshold work. 3 x 8 minutes target, or something like that. Might not be so smart, but I think it will be all right. If it is the adductor, like I think it is, going forward without the leg slipping sideways should not aggravate it. I hope. If not, oh well. I'm going to hurt for longer.

When I was still playing hockey a few years ago, it was way worse than what it is today, and I used to do speed work.

You can tell me "I told you so" if I aggravate my case. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A pulled muscle is no joke.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A pulled muscle is no joke.

But a pulled leg may be.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris