Beginners and Beyond

Tired Tuesday Penguins (Read 16 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

You all must be tired and sleeping in :-)  It is past 10am and there's no thread up yet =P

Today I'll be doing 6, probably on the treadmill because my allergies are being naughty.  What's everyone else got on tap?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Dinner last night with my friend and her mom was quite nice, although I sort of forgot to watch the clock, and so we got home later than I'd planned.  But it's all good.  Run tonight, woo-hoo!!

sapf -- have a good 6!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Sneaky Docket -- enjoy your 6 and Pilates!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

sapf - enjoy your six on the TM.  Do you go to a gym or have your own?

D - have fun with Pilates and your six.  Is the new schedule very different from your last one?

HM - good luck with your run tonight.

I plan to do 7 or so this afternoon. Last night's rain brought the humidity back (DP 64) so I'll probably end up back on the TM unless it gets more cloudy.

Zelanie

Hey, pens!  Treadmillers unite! Smile

I have work to do for both jobs today, but think I can squeeze some miles (maybe 6) in this afternoon.

sapf, D, and Ginny- Enjoy your 6 (or 7 for the overachiever) on the TM!

HsM- Not just a run, a run with a NEW WATCH! Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

I KNOW!! 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

sapf - enjoy your six on the TM.  Do you go to a gym or have your own?

I go to my building's gym - on the ground floor of my 40 floor apartment building.  It is sort of like a hotel gym, it has 5 treadmills, 5 ellipticals, 4 stationary bikes, and some of those silly weight machines.  I never really have an excuse not to go, but I suppose it isn't quite as convenient as having it in my unit.  Since I use the gym at off peak times I usually have no problems getting a treadmill, and I figured out that one of the treadmills doesn't have the automatic reset after an hour enabled, so I've been trying to grab that one when I can.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is Tuesday..so it's my Hill Day! . 3.2 miles done, 3 uphills, 3 downhills, and these were not baby hills either. I ran in a neighborhood that had hills going all the way across it, and I just started on the end street and worked my way across the neighborhood, street by street, hill by hill.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Scotty - sounds like a good workout.  I have a neighborhood near our house kinda like that that I enjoy running.  It makes a very hilly six to seven miler if I wind in and out of all the streets.