Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins (Read 22 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

Rest day for me.  I was thinking about going to the opening of the marathon pavillion at 7am, but my bed was a bit too comfy for that.  I slept in until 6:10 :P

What will I do with all of my extra time this week?  Tapering means basically no running.  I feel like I've mostly avoided the taper craziness by opting to get elective surgery last week =P  My LASER eyes are starting to feel better - for instance I slept in so late this morning without eye pain waking me up.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Rest day for me.

sapf, I am glad your eyes are feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Holy crap D - just saw your post in the miles game -- 90 miles!  That's amazing.  Were you secretly running doubles all week?

Docket_Rocket

I didn't run many doubles actually, or at least not as many as I thought I would need. But I ran 7 days. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning !!!

Another warm day, so RD is postponed.  Unfortunately it is also a dentist day.

Zero doubles for me

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Monday is my non-running day. Might do weight training at the gym after work.  See how I feel.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

I'll run about four miles later, once I get back to the mountain house.  We came home last night because DH has a dental appointment this morning.  We're spending tonight in the mountains, on our way to visit my parents in Syracuse for a couple of days and help them with leaf chores.

Yesterday I did not run, but I had fun participating in the Halloween Parade:

Docket_Rocket

Looks like it was fun!

Jerry, only for today, right?

Scotty, enjoy the non running day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, Penguins.  I've been AWOL for a while but I'm getting back in the swing of things and hope to be posting more frequently starting today.

I managed to drag my lazy carcass out of bed this morning and get in 2 miles before work this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

RD for me today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I took a sick day on Friday, since I woke up feeling sniffly, headachey, and a little feverish.  And since there wasn't too much going on at work, I decided to sleep in, hang out with the pets, and watch Netflix.  It was a very nice day, and I spent a lot of the weekend, sleeping, so woo-hoo!!  And, drumroll please ... I rode my bike on the road!!  It was ok, I managed to stay upright, though I had a harder time riding in a straight line than I thought I would.  I only went for half of the upper loop by our house, so just over 1/3 mile.  But then DH and I went back out on Sunday and I did the same ride, twice.  So now I can say I can ride a bike!  Though still not very well, yet.  It's all good.

sapf -- glad your eyes are feeling better!!  I can ALWAYS come up with something to fill extra time!!

Docket -- have a good RD!!

Jerryb -- have a good non-RD day, and good luck at the dentist!!

scotty -- woo-hoo for your weight training!!  Gotta work those sexy abs and guns!!

Phillie -- have a good 4 later!!

Robert -- welcome back!!  Woo-hoo for your 2 miles done!!

PAD -- have a good RD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Nice mileage this week, D!

I struggled last week with all of the work and travel, but I'm back home now. Smile

Oh, also, every one of my miles was run on a TM.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats HsM !!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey, ho, nobody home.

Meat nor drink nor money have I none,

Yet will I be merry!

Hey, ho, nobody home.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.