Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

I ran 7 on the belt. It was fairly smooth considering all the drugs that are flowing in my system as a result of getting another pair of implants yesterday (the other two were back in July).

That's dental implants for you gutter dwellers. 

Docket_Rocket

Boo, I thought breast or butt implants immediately. Smile

I have 10 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute day. Those are boring to report here, but it is actually one of the most enjoyable ways of running easy/recovery miles. 5 miles this morning, and if I take the same little detour tonight, it will be 10 miles for the day, no sweat.

Cyberic

If I had only one place to choose where to have implants for myself, it would not be my teeth.

sdWhiskers

I ran 7 on the belt. It was fairly smooth considering all the drugs that are flowing in my system as a result of getting another pair of implants yesterday (the other two were back in July).

I have a total of 5 dental implants. Interestingly, just had the crown placed on the final one yesterday. Not to be a mom, but were you supposed to be running after having dental surgery?  My surgeon always wanted 4 basically exercise-free days afterwards.

sdWhiskers

Leg workout with my trainer last night. Gym seems to be emptying out as expected. I figure after Valentines day things will be back to normal.

I'm debating how to start getting 40-45 mpw consistently without doing very long LRs. Currently running 5 days but maybe add in another? Or  add a few miles to each run? 8 miles is the most I can realistically get when I'm running in the morning before work. DH's work schedule is making that a bit challenging right now though. After work, it's hard to make myself do more than 4-5...because I'm tired/hungry and that's family time.

For those that are running in this range, how does your week typically break down if your long run is only 10-12 miles?

Cyberic

Leg workout with my trainer last night. Gym seems to be emptying out as expected. I figure after Valentines day things will be back to normal.

I'm debating how to start getting 40-45 mpw consistently without doing very long LRs. Currently running 5 days but maybe add in another? Or  add a few miles to each run? 8 miles is the most I can realistically get when I'm running in the morning before work. DH's work schedule is making that a bit challenging right now though. After work, it's hard to make myself do more than 4-5...because I'm tired/hungry and that's family time.

For those that are running in this range, how does your week typically break down if your long run is only 10-12 miles?

Personnally I find that adding a day is easier. But then, I am running pretty much every day now. Some people prefer having complete days off, and that's totally good too. Then I would say add 1 or two miles here and there, but, as you said, not all on the long run.

Doubles can help, too. I do not think they are an optimal way of translating miles run into performance, but running twice a day one day of the week is pretty much the same as running an extra easy day IMO.

zzyzx

abs, lat pulldown, pec fly, leg sled

Then exercise bike, 30 minutes level 13 hill setting 10.21 miles.

Runshortii

I had dental implants when I was like 19. Two of my front baby teeth never had adult teeth above them.  They put them in and pulled all 4 wisdom teeth at the same time. That was fun

GinnyinPA

When I'm not training specifically, my goal is 6 - 8 - 6 - 8 - 12 or 13.  That gets me 40 mpw. If I'm feeling good I'll add a little, or do a short 4-5 mile run on one of my rest days. I'm not as consistent as I'd like to be, but it is easily doable.

LRB

I have a total of 5 dental implants. Interestingly, just had the crown placed on the final one yesterday. Not to be a mom, but were you supposed to be running after having dental surgery?  My surgeon always wanted 4 basically exercise-free days afterwards.

Then you probably don't want to hear about my hydrocodone/acetaminophen/cabernet cocktail then.

Oops.

I've found over the years that some healthcare professionals are just repeating generic instructions that are a catchall and do not necessarily apply to everyone. You can sometimes see and hear the monotony as they are literally droning on about what not to do post whatever the procedure was. That being said, I am mindful of my health and would not have run (or drank an entire bottle of wine last night ) if I felt it was going to be to my detriment. #meidiot

LRB

I had dental implants when I was like 19. Two of my front baby teeth never had adult teeth above them.  They put them in and pulled all 4 wisdom teeth at the same time. That was fun

I'm sure that felt like you got beat in the face with a hammer!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I agree with Cy to add day(s) even if it's a short run.  I got 46 last week with the following...

M - 4.4 easy

Tu - 7 easy

W - 6.6 hills

Th - 4.3 easy

F - 6 trails

Sa - 8 easy

Su - 10.1 easy

Nothing really long, but those two 4 milers helped, especially because I was short on time on those days.  Take away those two 4ish mile runs and I would have had to do a 19 LR to get the same mileage.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

RunningWithMyDog

2 easy km this morning with the puppy.  Not really running, and stopping all the time for the dog to sniff or pee or poo.

Knee still feels stiff.

Frustration level: 8 out of 10.

LRB

So I put on quite the show for the peeps at work this morning;

I was overcharged at the surgeon's yesterday, but rather than cancel the transaction, he wrote me a check for the difference. So I go to the leave the office for the field and while walking through the parking a huge gust of wind came through and blew the fucking check off of the stack of papers I was carrying! There were puddles of salt water in the lot which heightened the angst of the situation. That plus it was a six hundred dollar check (not that that matters but it sorta kinda DOES!). So I take off like a bat out of hell, but every time I bent down to pick it up, the wind gusted again!

SHIT!

Mind you, I'm carrying a tablet, an iPad and a cup of yogurt ffs! Anyway, I finally nabbed that bitch after about 30 feet and let out a HUGE sigh. I look up at the office and there are like three or four people in the windows applauding and fist pumping me. Fuckers. lol