Beginners and Beyond

I'm in trouble with the boss again WednesDAILIES (Read 68 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Still trying to remember that part Big grin My body just doesn't seem to understand slowing down.... or maybe these paces are getting easier...?

Yeah, that's typical of our months of Summer.  And yes, less clothes do not help.  Which is why I hate living here.  At least with colder weather you can go through layers or something.  it's not that it won't suck, it's just that there is nothing you can do when it's that hot and humid; it will suck no matter how many years you run in it.  Remember to adjust the pace, Andrea.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Lily, I am going to consider it a flexible plan Smile yesterday's 2.5-3 miler was cancelled due to an awful storm that rolled in around 5:30 and didn't roll out until 8-9 pm, by then I just felt it was too close to my morning 8 miler. Hopefully there won't be too many more days like that and I will keep a closer eye on the weather, just in case I need to run that run in the mornng.

D, yesterday was 85 at 9am. Thanks to humidity, dew point and a storm system slowly rolling in, the whole day felt awful, a high of 92-94 but a feels like 102. I hate it when being half naked doesn't help one bit 

Yes, those weather conditions are very hard on us Northerners. It was only two weeks ago when I was sleeping in my flannel pyjamas, on the Island of PEI. Last night, I was laying naked on the bed, sweating, almost unable to breathe properly, and certainly unable to sleep. It sure makes running a real form of torture. I hope your storms come our way!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Morning Dailies!

It's a rest day here.  It's also my birthday, so i'm playing hooky from work and going to Disneyland.  As a kid growing up in SoCal, going to the House of Mouse on your birthday is a family tradition.  Years ago and under a belief that nobody goes to an amusement park by themselves, Disney used to let you in to Disneyland for free on your birthday.  Now they will let you in on your birthday (or any of the 364 days of the year) if you give them $96.00.

Look for my BIL, his psycho wife, and three bratty kids. They are also at Disneyland today.

On a better note, I ran 5 easy miles this morning at an 8:56 pace. Nice and easy... I am contemplating a 5k of Friday but we have to pick up DS from the airport so I don't know if I can squeeze it in. We'll see. Summer races are hard to come by around here so I may have to do it.

Have a nice day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Can't remember which way they were headed, I think it  Eastish.

Yes I am so glad we have a ceiling fan in our bedroom..... our ac unit is killing itself right now, I have it set to 70 when home and the temp is 73-75 inside.

Yes, those weather conditions are very hard on us Northerners. It was only two weeks ago when I was sleeping in my flannel pyjamas, on the Island of PEI. Last night, I was laying naked on the bed, sweating, almost unable to breathe properly, and certainly unable to sleep. It sure makes running a real form of torture. I hope your storms come our way!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Look for my BIL, his psycho wife, and three bratty kids. They are also at Disneyland today.

On a better note, I ran 5 easy miles this morning at an 8:56 pace. Nice and easy... I am contemplating a 5k of Friday but we have to pick up DS from the airport so I don't know if I can squeeze it in. We'll see. Summer races are hard to come by around here so I may have to do it.

Have a nice day.

That describes pretty much every family at Disneyland(World). 

LRB

Anyhoo, I think I missed yesterday. It was a crazy day & by the time I checked the dailies there were 6 pages so I was a bit intimidated. I'm sure you all missed me terribly.

For shame, there was some speed work talk and B Plus posted a pic of himself in the shower using his tool.  If I were you, I would check it just for that. 

happylily

For shame, there was some speed work talk and B Plus posted a pic of himself in the shower using his tool.  If I were you, I would check it just for that. 

I would add something, but Baboon will make another snarky comment to me. So I'll keep my mouth shut. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That describes pretty much every family at Disneyland(World). 

Ain't that the truth.

LRB

ok, all this garmin talk has got me thinking...just waiting for my old garmin 205?? to blow up, but it has served me well...now i have to look into this 210 or 220...

I have the 410 which they are discontinuing so the 620 would be the logical upgrade for me, but according to the DC Rainmaker (which Boonie Boon boon concurs) it is centered around the heart rate monitor which makes it of little use for me.

I really need to be able to create workouts on garminconnect.com and the 220 does that so it looks like that's the route I am going...on black Friday of course. 

LRB

I would add something, but Baboon will make another snarky comment to me. So I'll keep my mouth shut. 

lol

LRB

So for now I am looking at resting every 3rd day. Which if it works, is not too bad, that still gives ~5 days/wk. What I have not tried is any speed work, they have all been easy runs. I guess I will just have to give it a try & see.

Start off with some strides during one of your runs, maybe 4 to 6 at medium effort and see how it responds in the following couple of runs.  You will not lose any of the speed you have attained in the interim so do not be concerned with the dreaded lost fitness myth.

delicate flower

Phil, I'm surprised you didn't get the 910.  It's perfect for you!  I love it.  I actually upgraded to the Fenix and have tried others, but the 910 keeps being my favorite.

In hindsight I should have looked into the 910 a little more.

<3

delicate flower

Nooooo don't take my fun away! 

BTW, SEVERE INJURY UPDATE:  I put a band-aid on my scraped up knee and it's still oozing through my dress pants.  I suppose it is better than "zipping up" too soon...

<3

B-Plus

I have my eye on the 220 as the 620 appears to be heart monitor centric, something I do not use at all.

Me 2! Can we negotiate a volume discount?

B-Plus